This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
There was a thread two years ago about what to do about games where both players seed DS9, or Terok Nor, or their [MQ] versions......

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=43920&hilit=both+seed+deep+space

The thread talked about Project Babylon addressing this. According to this article, as of February this year, Babylon was still in "exploratory design".

https://www.trekcc.org/articles/?viewArticle=3427

So I assume it is safe to say that this project is not being released any time soon....

Is that correct?

If so, (since it will likely matter for the foreseeable future), is both players try to seed DS9 or TN, etc...... is it correct that BOTH players can still use all the sites and their gametext except those situations noted by James in the project Babylon thread?

We can both Ops download matching people to appropriate sites?

We can both report compatible people? (My opponent can report a [NA] SCIENCE to my Science Lab, etc...)

In other words, as long as the game text on a card/site does not specify CONTROL of the station to do something, anyone can use that text.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
This is more or less the correct read.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Babylon is still active, and duplication is still an active topic behind the scenes.

There are certain aspects to a classic mirror match which aren’t ideal though. Ops downloads need to be to unopposed sites. If you downloaded a ship first to the only docking site, you can prevent your opponent from downloading a ship there. Draws from Quarks Bar and Guest Quarters need to be unopposed too. Scanning dilemmas using Science Lab also requires being unopposed. Want to use a Holoprogram? The station controller can discard it. Want to use Assign Support Personnel? Well if you don’t control the station, it isn’t “your facility” so you can’t download there. There are important snags there to remember.

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
I mean not controlling it is what all the commandeering rules are for 🙂.
Unopposed can be solved with guns and violence 😈.

I do agree though duped DS9 can make a mess of both players game plans though as some one that has played a fair amount of DS9 decks those games have always been some of the most fun because they force you to go out dude your pre set plan and adapt by the seat of your pants.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]