This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ok, say I seeded Quark's Isolinear Rods.

During my Play Phase, I flip QIR.

Since it says "once per game" I have to wait until my execute orders phase to download the CS x 2, meaning I cannot play them until my next play phase

Or...

Since the download is from a Hidden Agenda card, I can go ahead and play the download since I'm still in my play phase (assuming I have a way/a play to do so?

Thanks!
Last edited by stressedoutatumc on Mon May 15, 2023 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
stressedoutatumc wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:16 pm
The Ninja Scot wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 1:14 pm Option 1.

Michael
Just so I have it clear. I can download the CS x2 in my execute orders phase, so I cannot play it until my next play phase?
Yes, barring something odd like Devidian Door.

Michael

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I personally identify this timing issue (which did not exist when QIR was created) as very big problem if your opponent is using computer crash deck. That is, if you go grab 10 and 01, an opponent looking to keep computer crashing all game can do something to get them out of your hand before you can play them, such as playing Maska Transformation from hand before your next turn.

The only way to avoid this is indeed something like Dividian Door or Sleeper Ship that lets you play a personnel during the execute orders step of the turn, or maybe something that lets you play the personnel in response to an end of turn probe like Visit Cochrane Memorial.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
That seems okay to me. The benefit to opponent is significant, but the cost is quite high for something that will be used very rarely (and, as you say, anyone super-dee-duper devoted to avoiding it has their own counters).

Fundamentally, my perspective on this is that you do not have a right to downloads. Like events and interrupts, downloads are resources that are subject to counterplay. I personally tend to think that QIR + 10 and 01 should never have been created in the first place.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]