This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ok, so this came up this weekend in a game.

A personnel with an unused [DL] is attempting a mission by themselves and is selected to die by a dilemma.

Can that personnel with the [DL] still use it (we thought the answer is "yes").

If so, what happens with that personnel if the dilemma in question:

[a] Selects someone. Can that selection be redone or since the dilemma has targeted someone to die, it cannot retarget if someone new is now present.

If it is a dilemma like Subspace Fracture or Barclay's Protomorphosis Disease that kills everyone...does the downloaded person die, too?

Thanks!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Because [DL] suspends play, you can pop it before they die, then the death resolves. The download doesn't reset anything with the dilemma.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The looooooonnnnggggg text is in the actions entry in the Glossary but suffice it to say......

actions step 1 initiation for a dilemma includes selecting targets and checking conditions of the dilemma. So if you run into Barclay's, and you have security and science, you can use your [DL] while still in step 1 to go grab a Medical. Then that medical is included in the step 1 initiation and you PASS the requirements.

In your scenario, you have already moved on to past step 1 and step 2 - responses, and you are now in step 3: results.

During results, if your personnel is targeted for death, you can no longer do anything to alter the targets of the dilemma, but you can still use a [DL] because even if targeted for death your personnel is still in play until you place them in your discard pile. If the card you [DL] is the medical you need for Barclay's, it is now too late to alter the dilemmas conditions check (which happens in step 1) but along the same lines your medical will NOT die because it is ALSO too late to change the targets of the dilemma (which also happens in step 1).

What I don't know... but I think.... that your Medical would be stopped though because they would have joined the crew encountering Barclays, and that crew would be stopped for failing the dilemma. (Would need confirmation on that!)
Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]

New Tribbles are coming! Look busy! https://www.t[…]

You will need one more thing for this - compatibil[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]