This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Yeah it can report to Montana Missile Complex landed because it's native there and if it were to report in orbit it would be particularly difficult to get your folks on the planet aboard it due to the lack of transporters.

If you had a Treaty: Starfleet/Vulcan in play, it could report landed to 22nd Century San Francisco with Seat of Starfleet there.

With Kolinahr in play, your Vulcan Lander can report landed at Espionage Mission (or technically, Research Devastating Attack) with Office of the President there.

Those are the use cases that immediately come to mind, but in all of those cases, something else is giving the permission got the Lander to report. It's not providing permission to itself.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Just to make you explore more edge cases ... if you use STP to report it with crew, can it do so landed?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I think that would work. STP provides a destination of the entire location (in orbit or on planet), and Lander overrides the general rule that ships can't report on planets, so put them together and you can report to a planet!

Can anyone think of a reason why it wouldn't?

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]

New Tribbles are coming! Look busy! https://www.t[…]

You will need one more thing for this - compatibil[…]