This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1174 posts

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
commdecker wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:Every time I'm starting to think, "maybe, one day, I'll play online," this topic eventually pops up. :? :(
Oh, online play is great. Having Lackey, and having all the cards get added to it, is great. You just get to see the minor complaints in a thread like this.
Thx. Good. It's good to hear that occasionally, too.
For when I get around to it.
Because as may be obvious in the mean time; things that I aim to get done, move at a snail's pace. Perhaps I spend too much time here, talking about them... 8) :thumbsdown:

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I resisted for a while. And though I still vastly prefer playing in person with real cards there is no comparison to the ease of playing at home. No travel time, no shuffle time, etc. It's great! :thumbsup:

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Trying to install on a mac atm. Get error message that I'm missing fonts (which I'm not). It just tells me to re-download the zip and re-install. This does not help I'm afraid.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Smiley wrote:Trying to install on a mac atm. Get error message that I'm missing fonts (which I'm not). It just tells me to re-download the zip and re-install. This does not help I'm afraid.
Yeah this came up a while back, the solution is in the second post of this thread, good luck.

By Smiley (Cristoffer Wiker)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Thanks! Will look it up.

EDIT:
It worked like a charm!
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Has the 1e plugin been updated yet?

TK

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
While delving into the DRG PDF, through this post, I accidentally found the Physical cards TXT file which seems to be used for Lackey.

(I have no experience with Lackey yet, nor with its logistics or its STCCG add-on(?) developers.)

It struck me that the game text entry for "Julian Bashir Medical Staffer 2E" is truncated; and I quickly found other cards the text of which was also cut short. The text length does not seem to be the issue, since there are far longer texts intact.

This may be of interest to somebody?

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:While delving into the DRG PDF, through this post, I accidentally found the Physical cards TXT file which seems to be used for Lackey.

(I have no experience with Lackey yet, nor with its logistics or its STCCG add-on(?) developers.)

It struck me that the game text entry for "Julian Bashir Medical Staffer 2E" is truncated; and I quickly found other cards the text of which was also cut short. The text length does not seem to be the issue, since there are far longer texts intact.

This may be of interest to somebody?
Yep, thanks for reporting! If you find anything else, just report it here, as unfortunately the old bug tracker/issue tracker is not alive anymore.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Wilco -- if I ever use the file more. (Or get into online play! :wink: )

Just interested -- how did the bug spring up, do you know?
And how did you find all of the truncated texts -- is there a way to automatically search for cells that do not end with a period, or some such?

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Wilco -- if I ever use the file more. (Or get into online play! :wink: )

Just interested -- how did the bug spring up, do you know?
And how did you find all of the truncated texts -- is there a way to automatically search for cells that do not end with a period, or some such?
That's indeed a good question, and we'll need to look into it more. For now, if anyone sees missing text or info, just report it here. :)

By OllyG
 -  
Hi

Firstly, a huge thanks to everyone who has made Star Trek CCG playable using Lackey: it is great fun and a fantastic resource.

I noticed on the 1E website that some more TOS virtual cards have been released earlier this year, I think called The Cage.

Is the Lackey CCG file updated from time to time with newly released virtual sets?

Thanks

Olly.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
OllyG wrote:Hi

Firstly, a huge thanks to everyone who has made Star Trek CCG playable using Lackey: it is great fun and a fantastic resource.

I noticed on the 1E website that some more TOS virtual cards have been released earlier this year, I think called The Cage.

Is the Lackey CCG file updated from time to time with newly released virtual sets?

Thanks

Olly.
Yep! The Cage was added to the Lackey plugin in... I want to say early July?

And welcome to the forums!

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]

The deck qualifies, but the tournament currently[…]