This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1174 posts

By Spock with a Goatee (Stephen R Sanders)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:59 am @Spock with a Goatee The 2nd post of the thread has some info that could help you.
Thanks! I'd seen something similar to that on a different website, but that got it to work!
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
While deck building last week I spotted a few incorrect images:

- Trepar (Crossover) uses a different image, not the higher resolution Art one
- Search for Rebels (Mirror Mirror and Homefront) both versions lore still has the bold "Mirror Quadrant" in the location (errata changed these a few years back)

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Linux: I have experimented with the above-mentioned suggestions for a "32b prefix", whatever that is. So far, this has not resulted in me being able to run Lackey -- or any other Windows executable that I tried. (So the problem is prolly in my Linux, and/or lack of my understanding; not Lackey.)

Windows: Over the past week, I've played my first 3 games (and started / saved a 4th), across w10, w8.1 and wXP. This all worked without too many unexpected glitches; very smooth indeed, after one gets used to it all.

For my first trial games I went up against Carter, and "play mates" from my local group -- Latro (from Vienna), B'Linna, and Ias.

It strikes me that at first, Lackey's bulky interface, at first, looks like a cross between Netscape and Very Intimidating :lol: but after a short while, most things actually start feeling very intuitive. Then there are some things that really seem hidden, so you discover them way later -- like pressing SHFT (not CTRL!) to select multiple cards.

But my classification is, supposedly, ENGINEER. (I'm a technician. So of course I don't need to first RTFM. :roll: )

Bottom line: I've prolly been the most reluctant novice when it comes to Lackey, but even I could get off the ground with it. To me, that says something about how easy it is, and how well it works! Not bad for a build from years ago... :thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
So, how does the community solve it? Just mark the card with a counter or a note that says it's flipped?
And -- note to self -- better have the reverse side close at hand, for when you have to quickly, actually, read what it says.
(Oh. Wait. Really? I'm the only one who needs to read cards?)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
eberlems wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:08 pm as long as a card shows the front on double sided card, a doubleclick in the image on the top-left toggles the image.
Works for me in every quadrant of the card... :thumbsup: bug or feature? :P

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
im pretty sure it only showed me a facedown card then. i never got to see the flipsides. it works on my own cards right now at least.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I tried only my own card, as well, now you mention it. If you're willing, we can set up a mock game and quickly test it? I am in Lackey now, just "whisper" to me (that sounds horrible -- why did they name that chat function, "whisper"? :lol: ) if you want to test. I'll be online until the next time I have to close Lackey. Which will happen... at the speed of life.

BTW, I like your new avatar a lot better than the previous one. :thumbsup: (Just too bad that both weren't resized proportionally, like your old Lo-Q-tus avatar, IIRC. Didn't you save that one?) :borg:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
One of the differences in Lackey is seeing your own seeded dilemmas. Bug or feature? (It levels the playing field a bit, for those with bad memory.) It's actually quite hard not to mouse-over and get a glimpse of them, at times. How is this seen in an OP environment? Do we assume that players can and will see their own dilemmas?

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
I always assume my opponents use the mouse-over.

Keep in mind, unless it's a dual-seeded or stealable mission, the ability to see your dilemmas under your opponents missions doesn't really benefit you.

The ability to see your self-seeded dilemmas, artifacts, etc., under your own missions is not that helpful either as it shouldn't be too hard to remember where you put those either.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thx.
Professor Scott wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:15 pm I always assume my opponents use the mouse-over.
Yep, so did I. Until the question came up.
The ability to see your self-seeded dilemmas, artifacts, etc., under your own missions is not that helpful either as it shouldn't be too hard to remember where you put those either.
Thereby you assume everybody has equally good memories. They don't. :P So, for one of the players, it always is more helpful. But the net(t?) result is that neither player has an advantage due to better memory, concerning own seed cards.

You're right though, that it serves only in above-mentioned niche situations. :thumbsup:
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Interested but as you know life is a bit nuts with[…]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]