This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1174 posts
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
scox wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:I just made this video to talk about how to use Lackey once you have it installed. I plan to put it in the FAQ on the site as well.
Great! The first post have been updated with the link and basic description from the youtube description.
:thumbsup:

Now I just need to get Nava to update the first post on the 2E side. :shifty:

By Serge
 -  
Hi,

I am a new member and didn't find a place to introduce myself. Could somebody show me the way....

But for my first message on this forum I wanna thanks Maggie (jadziadax8). Her video is so helpful.
I install Lackey and play some games with my friend "Test Dummy" (solo mode). I add also some carts to the starters. For instance, the Klingon one had just 5 Missions and other carts were missing too.

The "International First Edition Demo Day 2020" from the 7th June is also very interesting to learn the game (1E). just one damper about it, the screen is blurred. Very hard to read the carts.

Lastly I apologise to you for this bad English. :?

Cheers from France (Alsace) :D
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Serge wrote:Hi,

I am a new member and didn't find a place to introduce myself. Could somebody show me the way....

But for my first message on this forum I wanna thanks Maggie (jadziadax8). Her video is so helpful.
I install Lackey and play some games with my friend "Test Dummy" (solo mode). I add also some carts to the starters. For instance, the Klingon one had just 5 Missions and other carts were missing too.

The "International First Edition Demo Day 2020" from the 7th June is also very interesting to learn the game (1E). just one damper about it, the screen is blurred. Very hard to read the carts.

Lastly I apologise to you for this bad English. :?

Cheers from France (Alsace) :D
Welcome, Serge! I'm glad you found the Lackey video helpful. Ping me if you want to play a game sometime.

And please don't worry about your command of English. I guarantee your English is better than my French. ;)

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:Welcome, Serge! I'm glad you found the Lackey video helpful. Ping me if you want to play a game sometime.

And please don't worry about your command of English. I guarantee your English is better than my French. ;)
+1

Welcome aboard! Please feel free hit us up with any questions you may have. Many here play online with lackey so I'm sure you'll be able to schedule some games when you're ready.

LLAP

By Serge
 -  
Thanks a lot Maggie. About playing it would be nice but we will have juste some problems with the time difference. Anyway it would be nice. :D

Dan, I will try Lackey maybe with somebody from Germany or another country around France, always this jet lag.... I will also try to learn the game to my wife even if her english is worse then mine (and she is not a trekker)... :wink:

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Serge wrote:Thanks a lot Maggie. About playing it would be nice but we will have juste some problems with the time difference. Anyway it would be nice. :D

Dan, I will try Lackey maybe with somebody from Germany or another country around France, always this jet lag.... I will also try to learn the game to my wife even if her english is worse then mine (and she is not a trekker)... :wink:
Welcome Serge! There are quite a few people in Europe playing on Lackey, so should be quite feasible to find people to play with you, UK and Germany primarily so not so much jet lag ;).

P.S. There has even been a F2F tournament recently here in Munich area (relaxed restrictions recently), and Alsace is basically as close as you can get to us here. D.S.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey Serge, welcome!
Nice to have the New Bajor region represented by another player!

(I had to look up whether France is in New Bajor. And looking at the Regions map, it struck me once more -- why is Luxembourgh not a part of our [1E-GQ] colony? "No players [yet :wink: ]" shouldn't be an excuse... 8) )

Edit: yeah, I see it now -- although its map surface area is uncoloured, Luxembourgh is mentioned in text.

By Serge
 -  
Thanks Scox and SudenKapala.

Scox: hallo Johan, it would be not so difficult to play with german people. As a real Alsacian, I speak also german. And indeed, alsace is not so faraway from Munich.
I am also a real beginner. I have bought a few cards in the 90' but had never the chance to play the game and forget them in a box. I dig them up a few weeks ago and by the way discover The Continuing Committee. So here I am!!! :wink: :D
I am a Star Trek fan since the 70'. When I was 10, I saw the original serie on the german TV. You couldn't see them on the french TV, a shame!!! I think that the french people realy discover Star Trek with the movies.

SudenKapala: it means "little hat from the south"? Right? By the way i didn't know that Arrakis was in the New Bajor region!!! :D
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Note: I spotted today that Wake of the Borg (Ref Reprints) has not been correctly updated as per the latest Errata.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
eberlems wrote:
KazonPADD wrote:Note: I spotted today that Wake of the Borg (Ref Reprints) has not been correctly updated as per the latest Errata.
that's a missing errata.
Ah, database issue then! It was included in the March Errata.

https://www.trekcc.org/articles/index.p ... cleID=2752
New Poster in The Void

Looking to see if we have anybody active or intere[…]

If y’all still want to get things brewing in[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

@winterflames Do you still have this event goin[…]

Make It So does NOT unstop the crew aboard a shi[…]