This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1174 posts
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I see the OP has been updated with this new link. Is this a permanent move or a temporary one, do you think?
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote:I created it as a temporary solution, to enable everyone to play with the new cards.
Thanks again for that eberlems!

TK
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
The button is set in preferences but appears in plugin
https://www.dropbox.com/s/iu6awkmwdl2mmgm/dl_images.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/s/rykq2q545ufg1 ... mages1.jpg
Edit images won't display, so edited to links
Last edited by eberlems on Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
3.7 Coming of Age
-----

NEW
  • Added Coming of Age to the master branch
CHANGES
  • Added a few errata:
    Beware of Q
    Five of Fourteen
    For the Sisko
    Gegis
    Revisionist History
    Sh'Raan
    Space
As always:

The automatic updates should work, if not please go to 'Plugins:' select startrek1e and enter as an update URL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lackeyccg-stccg/startrek1e/master/updatelist.txt

Sorry for the problems - I was out after a sports related injury but fortunately Markus created a temporary fix. I owe you big. The standard update paths should work again though.

Nava

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nava wrote:3.7 Coming of Age
-----

NEW
  • Added Coming of Age to the master branch
CHANGES
  • Added a few errata:
    Beware of Q
    Five of Fourteen
    For the Sisko
    Gegis
    Revisionist History
    Sh'Raan
    Space
As always:

The automatic updates should work, if not please go to 'Plugins:' select startrek1e and enter as an update URL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lackeyccg-stccg/startrek1e/master/updatelist.txt

Sorry for the problems - I was out after a sports related injury but fortunately Markus created a temporary fix. I owe you big. The standard update paths should work again though.

Nava
all of the coming of age cards appear on my computer, but not the errata (E.G. Space is the old card and says it is OTF banned)

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Forgive me if this has been asked but the thread is 54 pages long lol.........

In deck editor there are 5 tabs at the top. deck, seed+dilemma, missions, qs Tent and Aside

is there any way to get tabs for.........
Q continuum side deck
battle Bridge side deck
Tribbles side deck
"outside the game" cards
Sites

etc..............

Also if I create a deck in the CC deck editor, is there any way to export it to a text file that can be imported into lackey? I see i can to it the other way (lackey to CC) using the link on CC's deck management page....

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:Forgive me if this has been asked but the thread is 54 pages long lol.........

In deck editor there are 5 tabs at the top. deck, seed+dilemma, missions, qs Tent and Aside

Q continuum side deck
battle Bridge side deck
Tribbles side deck
"outside the game" cards
Sites

etc..............

Also if I create a deck in the CC deck editor, is there any way to export it to a text file that can be imported into lackey? I see i can to it the other way (lackey to CC) using the link on CC's deck management page....
No worries, these are all fair questions:
  • Unfortunately there is now way to add additional tabs for all those side decks - we had long and unfruitful discussions with the lackeyccg developer who was not able or willing to add additional tabs for a single game. You'll have to put all the other side decks into the Aside tab or wait an hope that us pestering the developer will result in additional tabs ;).
  • You can export your deck builder decks to Lackey - In the online deck manager should be a "Export to Lackey" link beneath every deck you have created (on the far right side). You get a text file to import into Lackey (but please check if all cards turn up - once in a while a crucial card may be missing). I'm not sure if this is a premium feature though...

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Cool. It mostly worked. There were 5 cards in my deck that were 2E converts that I had inserted in the deck under its 2E number. Those didn't make it into the list so I replaced them with the 1E link and it worked.

Also it placed all my QT:CW [Ref] cards in "aside" instead of my Q's Tent. That is because the CC exporter put them there (Not Lackey). So I moved them easy enough.

Sites also go into aside. The CC exporter should put those in the seed deck for lackey. Should put the missions there too. The would free up the "missions" tab to be a Q-Continuum or Battle Bridge side deck and the Aside tab would have less stuff in it as well.

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Nava wrote:
Takket wrote:Forgive me if this has been asked but the thread is 54 pages long lol.........

Q continuum side deck
battle Bridge side deck
Tribbles side deck
"outside the game" cards
Sites

etc..............

• Unfortunately there is now way to add additional tabs for all those side decks - we had long and unfruitful discussions with the lackeyccg developer who was not able or willing to add additional tabs for a single game. You'll have to put all the other side decks into the Aside tab or wait an hope that us pestering the developer will result in additional tabs ;).
  • You can export your deck builder decks to Lackey - In the online deck manager should be a "Export to Lackey" link beneath every deck you have created (on the far right side). You get a text file to import into Lackey (but please check if all cards turn up - once in a while a crucial card may be missing). I'm not sure if this is a premium feature though...
Isnt Lackey open source? I could swear I saw something somewhere that said the dude didnt care if people added/changed the software....

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Se7enofMine wrote:
Nava wrote:

Q continuum side deck
battle Bridge side deck
Tribbles side deck
"outside the game" cards
Sites

etc..............

Isnt Lackey open source? I could swear I saw something somewhere that said the dude didnt care if people added/changed the software....
Nope, afaik it is closed source at the moment - I have asked the developer about open sourcing it but the developer did not react to that suggestion :). The developers involvement did wane a bit over the years, since he got family now but I still hope that he continues to maintain the app or that we can strike an agreement regarding the future development.

Nava

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I've been messing around with Lackey and come up with these questions. It is actually pretty easy to use now that I've used it a bit...

Can I assign a deck to the test dummy so I can practice playing a game against myself?
On the play mat, there are additional tabs for side decks. So I’m guessing when the game starts I can, for example, move my QT:CW Referee cards from “aside” into the “ref pile”. Is this what people do? It is rather time consuming to selected all thirteen ref cards and then drag them over. Or do people actually stack all the cards on the table under their Q’s Tent Civil War like in “real life”?

When I drag a ref card to my ref pile it says “Takket moves Q the referee from his q’s tent to his ref pile”. Is that a public message? Because now my opponent knows what cards I have.
If I’m playing borg, what stops me from using the “reveal to owner” option and looking at my deck to see what the next card is? (For probing). In general what stops me from revealing my deck anytime I want to myself?

Tokens look like a great way to do countdown icons. Right?

To seed dilemma it looks like I have to flip them face down then stack them on the table (in the order to be encountered), then stack them under the mission. Do I have that right? I did notice if I move a card face down onto the table it just says I played a card face down, as opposed to face up announcing the name of the card. It would be nice if when you right click on a card and select “play” if it would give you the option to put it face up or face down.

I had a question about revealing dilemmas because putting the FIRST card to be encountered at the BOTTOM of the stack is difficult. I noticed in the tips section of this thread it is recommended to do it backwards so the FIRST card to be encountered is on TOP of the stack. Is this the accepted way of doing things?

How does mission seeding work with Mission IIs? (dual sided). I’m supposed to shuffle missions and pick them face down. If I can see the mission II I’m basically cheating because I know which mission I’m grabbing. There is a move random command, but that only moves to tabs. I don’t see a move random to table option. Furthermore what stops someone from just flipping their 6 missions over face up and picking whatever one they want to seed?

Do people stack personnel/equipment under ships and facilities or do they stack them on the “crew” tabs in lackey and just move ships on the spaceline? The tips guide says to put crews/away teams in unused “piles” and then add a note to the ship/facility/planet of who is there. I.E. a note on a Federation outpost that its “crew is in crew pile #3”.

Can I put opponent’s cards into my tabs by using the “take control” command? Thinking of overcoming a dilemma with bonus points and placing it in my bonus point area (pointers tab). More generally, does Lackey let me move around cards I do not own? Example: a ship with my opponent’s damage marker on it.

Decklist updated to include dilemmas. Crippling St[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]