This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1174 posts

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 11:13 am
SudenKapala wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 10:23 am We could also be adding some starter decks, I think. I'm in the process of rounding up all TNG-type and CoA-type starters. We could add a total of 3 decks in the Lackey plugin.

This might be nice for various sealed / draft / beginner games?
starter decks?
Yes, I've been starting out from there. Most starters are there; one isn't as yet. (It's new.) And two others are there in that thread, but not in ('shipped with') the 1e Lackey plugin.

I just thought that maybe, for new players and/or other ventures, it may be nice to add those 3 missing decks to Lackey -- for easy playing. (I guess it'll be decided by TPTB, if it's worth the effort.)
And I thought I'd give Eberlems a heads-up, on the off chance that this might make his life easier if he knew about it up-front.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Subject: Playing 1E online with LackeyCCG
eberlems wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 12:22 pm More starters are mostly a nice thing, it's just not fun to play early games with unbalanced decks.
How do you mean, "early games"?

It seems to be generally accepted that the v1 TNG starters (3 included in Lackey, currently) and even more so the v2 CoA starters (4 included) provide -- among their own group -- a very much balanced, and positive, beginner's experience.

(FWIW, I played some 6 games with two CoA decks in Vienna, and concurred.)

My proposal (and just that: a proposal) was to update each group to 5 decks, with official or semi-official decks, which go well with the existing ones. Adding [Car] . Details will follow soon.

As said, it's up to TPTB (I guess that's you, Eberlems! :P ) to determine whether it's interesting enough to roll them out with Lackey.

People can add them themselves, if they know how -- I was thinking mostly of newcomers.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Today I played a casual game, with the Klingon v2 (Coming Of Age) starter deck.
The list for this deck is 'shipped' with the Lackey plugin. That list in my Lackey, however, erroneously contained 2x War Games as a dilemma; one of those should be Unorthodox Preservation (according to the official deck PDF; linked to, above).

Is there anywhere (else) where I should/can report this?

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
SudenKapala wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:34 pm Today I played a casual game, with the Klingon v2 (Coming Of Age) starter deck.
The list for this deck is 'shipped' with the Lackey plugin. That list in my Lackey, however, erroneously contained 2x War Games as a dilemma; one of those should be Unorthodox Preservation (according to the official deck PDF; linked to, above).

Is there anywhere (else) where I should/can report this?
@eberlems

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I entered Enterprise (53 VP) in my deck, for yesterday. Each time I took it out/draw it, it has the image of 189 VP.
(I re-saved the deck with the 'correct' card multiple times -- and even tried vice versa.)
Why? Can it be fixed so that the other could be played?
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
eberlems wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:00 am both of the enterprises have the same name atm. Can be fixed.
There just aren't many cards with 2 or more VP Versions.
Temporal Shifting. I had the same issue with that one!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:13 am
eberlems wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:00 am both of the enterprises have the same name atm. Can be fixed.
There just aren't many cards with 2 or more VP Versions.
Temporal Shifting. I had the same issue with that one!
Great that there's a solution. :) But what happens if a card name gets changed? Will it "disappear" from your deck files (.dek) unnoticed, or would you see a 'blank' card backside? Or... what?
Follow-up: are there any (other) maintenance issues that might make older decks invalid (because cards somehow change)?
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Cards that lackey can't find just aren't displayed. There is no warning.
And when you save the deck, that cards is removed.

failed cardnames on txt imports here will place info in the deck description.
Errata can change cardnames and images (and other data), I'm trying to keep the image names.

Cards in .txt have to match cardname.
Cards in .dek have to match cardname, set and image name.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
eberlems wrote:Cards that lackey can't find just aren't displayed. There is no warning.
And when you save the deck, that cards is removed.
:shock: That sounds very dangerous! :( For people who want to play with a years-old deck.

How to guard against broken decks, then?
Cards in .txt have to match cardname.
Cards in .dek have to match cardname, set and image name.
failed cardnames on txt imports here will place info in the deck description.
So, better also save a .txt file for all decks & iterations, and check number of cards of the .dek file against the uploaded txt file...? :(
Every time?? Cumbersome... :neutral:

What am I missing? How do other people, who want to keep their Lackey deck operational, deal with this?
Errata can change cardnames and images (and other data), I'm trying to keep the image names.
Were there any such changes between December and now? Do you list them somewhere?
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]