This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1174 posts

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Is Norton (or some other local antivirus) running on this machine? I can certainly imagine Norton seeing an unrecognized DLL file getting loaded into memory, going "Uh-uh, not on my watch," blocking the file from loading, and causing Lackey to throw a "File not found" error.
I have Norton and the program also came with Trend Micro Antivirus+ for an additional layer of protection.

Charlie, I have below the sequence of how I am trying to install Lackey on my computer. I tried to be as pinpoint specific to show you what I am doing:

1. Go to https://www.lackeyccg.com/
2. Click on LackeyCCG for windows
3. Click open to download LackeyCCGWin.zip (12.5 MB)
4. A window opens with two folders: _MACOSX and LackeyCCG
5. I click on LackeyCCG. I get a screen shot (25) that that I have shared below
6. From that same screen I click on LackeyCCG. A box appears asking to extract all, run, or cancel. I click on extract.
7. A new box appears that has two folders: _MACOSX and LackeyCCG. I click on Lackey CCG. I have a screen shot (27) of what is in that file.
8. The error box pops up. I have a Screen shot (29) attached.
Attachments:
Screenshot (29).png
Screenshot (29).png (100.69 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
Screenshot (27).png
Screenshot (27).png (95.22 KiB) Viewed 2314 times
Screenshot (25).png
Screenshot (25).png (71.95 KiB) Viewed 2315 times

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Close all your browser windows so to prevent the risk then shut off all your anti virus and try to run it and see what happens.

It's impossible for anybody to know if your anti virus is blocking anything without access to the anti virus program logs.

If it isn't that then it could be an incompatible graphics/sound driver.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Spectre9 wrote:Close all your browser windows so to prevent the risk then shut off all your anti virus and try to run it and see what happens.

It's impossible for anybody to know if your anti virus is blocking anything without access to the anti virus program logs.

If it isn't that then it could be an incompatible graphics/sound driver.
I think shutting down the anti-virus software did it. I managed to download the LackeyCCG successfully and I installed the plugin for 1E.

I want to thank everyone for their help! I am a history teacher so I don't deal with computer software and when it comes to installing programs I am a complete idiot.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
eberlems wrote:Next version available.

More Side Decks,
march errata,
cards from TNZ up to today
better booster
db fixes

Thanks so much for all your hard work, so many of us depend on you, and really appreciate your effort!

The new side deck options are a great improvement. :D

By juventuz
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
So I've downloaded the Mac version, I'm using an iMac running High Sierra, and everything downloads fine, but when I go to start the app I get the following message.

"If you are seeing this webpage, it likely means that you tried to run the LackeyCCG program with no fonts available. Adjacent to the LackeyCCG program should be a folder called "fonts". Inside that should be one or more fonts. Valid font formats include .ttf and .dfont files. These fonts should have been included with the LackeyCCG you downloaded, but if you don't have them, you can get them from the downloads section."

I look in the fonts folder and I see the following: Late-Reg.tff, SIL Open Font License.txt and times.ttf

I tried the Terminal trick in the second post, it's not working.

By juventuz
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Ok, I figured it out if any Mac user was having an issue using the fix in the second post.

I used the following...

xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/LackeyCCG

I have LackeyCCG in my Applications folder, and I had to put -r and -d instead of the -dr

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
juventuz wrote:Ok, I figured it out if any Mac user was having an issue using the fix in the second post.

I used the following...

xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/LackeyCCG

I have LackeyCCG in my Applications folder, and I had to put -r and -d instead of the -dr
Thanks! I've updated post 2 to include your tip.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
TNZ now available. (Format any)

If you have the old Primary Plasma Weapon image, copy this on your lackey chat box and press enter
Code: Select all
/delete plugins/startrek1e/sets/setimages/general/TNZ54.jpg
Last edited by eberlems on Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
There currently is an issue with "saving" a deck in Lackey that have empty piles. That issue shows all cards from following piles into the previous to the empty one.
For now you could keep any card in each pile (as dummy) to avoid that issue.

DO NOT save decks in lackey deckbuilder that show cards in wrong piles. First they just show in wrong pile, on "save" that is permanent.

There are two ways to restore the piles.
Insert the missing empty piles in the .txt file manually.
OR
Import the deck to trekcc and export to lackey.

The piles names and order for manual fix:
Code: Select all
Missions:
Seed+Dil:
QsTent:
Ref:
Dyson:
Flash:
Tactics:
Sites:
Outside:
Aside:
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
The real solution here is just not to save in the Lackey format. "Export as txt", as that works perfectly.

Well, scratch what I just said. Seems Lackey is dumber than I thought.
If you save a deck in Lackey, it won't load it properly next time. Except: If you save a deck in Lackey, then upload it to the site, then re-download it. Lackey will open that deck file just fine. Cuz... we're better programmers than the Lackey dude, I guess.
We wrote better deck saving code for Lackey than the Lackey dev himself did. :shifty:
Is Sedis a captain?

P'Jem Sanctuary can also DL Sopek .

Virtual Promos 2E

What is the status of promos 0 VP 353, 0 VP 354, a[…]

Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]