This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1174 posts

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hello everyone,

Many of you probably know LackeyCCG by now, but for those who does not, Lackey is a program to play a large variety of cards games online, using different so-called plugins. And there is, of course, a plugin for Star Trek CCG 1E as well.

The plugin is available through the automatic update feature in Lackey, you only need to enter the URL to the update-script (see below), and it will automatically update the current plugin, or download the plugin from scratch if you don't have the plugin installed since before. You can skip downloading all missing images if you like after you have re-started lackey after the initial update run, then lackey will fetch each card when you attempt to show them, but if you do want to download everything, you need to select "Download all missing card images" after lackey have been restarted (either you had an ok plugin before or not).

Since Lackey adds some extra time, especially when downloading the entire plugin (and choosing to download all pictures), there is an option to download the plugin as a bundle and install it manually. The bundle includes the update script, so after this initial "manual" installation, it is possible to use the Auto Update feature, to check for new versions of the plugin, and if necessary, download the new files and/or card images.

Here are the addresses you need:

LackeyCCG:
http://www.lackeyccg.com/

Update from URL:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eberl ... telist.txt

Quick Install Guide
You have a plugin called StarTrek1E installed and working already, or don't mind Lackey downloading everything automatically for you.
1. Open Lackey
2. Go to tab "Preferences"
3. Under "AutoUpdate", enter the address "updatelist.txt" from above, where it says "Update from URL", and click the button to start update check and download.
4. Restart Lackey.
5. Go to "Preference" tab again, click on the button "Download all missing card images". (optional, if you want all pictures downloaded locally).
6. Wait until Lackey says "You are done looking for all missing card images" (which might take a few hours if you need to download everything).
7. Done!

Plugin bundle:
Please note - this is not the recommended install method. This bundle contains plugin version 4.1.11. You need to run AutoUpdate using the address above after installing the zip file!
http://www.scox.se/stccg1e/LackeyCCG/startrek1e.zip
Download bundle and unzip into "LackeyCCG/plugins/" (should create a folder called "startrek1e". Open Lackey -> preferences -> Load plugin -> browse -> select startrek1e. Done! From now on you can use the instructions above.

How to play 1E in Lackey
There is a video tutorial on how to play 1E in LackeyCCG, you can find it here. This video is designed to help players learn how to navigate the Lackey plugin for First Edition. The video assumes both a familiarity with basic First Edition gameplay and that the viewer has installed the appropriate Lackey plugin, as per above instructions. Here

Latest release

Plugin version 4.1.11 Ban and one image change; see changelog https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eberl ... ngelog.txt

The automatic updates should work, if not please go to 'Plugins:' select startrek1e and enter as an update URL
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eberl ... telist.txt

Change log
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eberl ... ngelog.txt

Next release
Next release does not have a planned release date at this time. Typically there are bug fixes done as needed, and of course new releases as soon as there are new releases made here on Trek CC!

If you find any problem with the current release, either minor or major, please report this in this topic.

Feedback
If you have any questions, or if you cant get it to work, please report here in this topic, or PM eberlems. You can also contact m on PM, or send an email to: stccg1e.lackeyplugin ( at ) scox.se, for instance if you have files that does not seem to work, screenshots etc.

Finally, improvement suggestions, missing cards, bugs, etc, just ask here, and we'll try to answer as soon as I can. For Lackey problems, visit http://www.lackeyccg.com/forum/.
Last edited by scox on Tue Jul 14, 2020 5:47 pm, edited 32 times in total.

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
LackeyCCG how to play guide

Introduction

The LackeyCCG site itself has some tutorials on how to connect and stuff:
http://www.lackeyccg.com/tutorial.html

A more extensive guide than the guide below is available on the project page here.
(Google code stopped supporting the wiki)

Tips and tricks

Actually playing 1E is not all that different from real tables. The hardest part is piles.
  • Here's some tips:
  • SET Preferences tab > Appearance tab > Allow cards on table to complete cover other cards?
  • To select cards covering each other, click-drag over the cards. If you just click you will only select the top one.
  • Dilemmas:
    • Step-by-step Seeding Dilemmas
    • Select Your Seeds+Dil pile at the bottom area where your hand goes. Flip each dilemma card upside-down before placing on table.
    • It's easiest to stack dilemmas in reverse order to the normal way. ie, place your final dilemma down first. Then place the second last dilemma on top of that dilemma. Place until the card you want encountered first is on top of the pile.
    • Batch seed, each player place the card or sack of cards they want to seed on their side of the mission.
    • After all cards placed this way, the player who does not own the mission should (drag select) his dilemma stack and place on top of the opponent's self-seeds. Then place the mission on top of that stack. Then (drag select) the whole stack with the mission on top and place it back in the space line location.
    • When attempting, the opponent moves the mission card aside and reveals the dilemma cards to the player attempting.
  • Put large crews and away teams in one of your unused Piles. The one labeled 'Pile' is meant for that. 'Q-Flash' and 'Battle' is usually available too for other crews. You can set a note on a Ship to associate that ship with a certain Pile.
  • From those piles you can shuffle for random selections. Make visible for opponent's choice.
----
This help was written by Timo

The information in this post is also available here.
(Google code stopped supporting the wiki page)

LackeyCCG Troubleshooting

Mac users - installation
Dizzle of Borg wrote: *snip*
Apparently Sierra adds a quarantine attribute to certain downloaded applications. The solution is to run a terminal command and remove the quarantine attribute from your LackeyCCG folder.
You can view the extended attributes by opening Terminal and typing this command (replace the path with your folder location. You can type "xattr" put a space and then drag the lackey folder from Finder into the terminal window to automatically add the path.)

xattr /Users/youruserpath/Downloads/LackeyCCG

This gives the following attributes:
com.apple.FinderInfo
com.apple.quarantine

To remove the quarantine attribute, simply add the -d flag to delete the chosen extended attribute and the -r flag to apply the command recursively to the entire directory (Lackey folder)

xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine /LackeyCCGpath

If you're not familiar with Terminal, there won't be a message that tells you the task was completed. You can run the xattr command without any flags again to verify you've removed the quarantine attribute. You should now be able to launch LackeyCCG and install your plugin.

I did this and it instantly worked. Gotta love Apple for locking our stuff down, but man, it causes issues sometimes.
*snip*
UPDATE:
juventuz wrote:Ok, I figured it out if any Mac user was having an issue using the fix in the second post.

I used the following...

xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine /Applications/LackeyCCG

I have LackeyCCG in my Applications folder, and I had to put -r and -d instead of the -dr
Last edited by scox on Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Development and helping out information

Current development team
eberlems
(Nava)
(Scox)

Bug reporting and feature request
Found an error in the plugin? Come up with a feature you want to have added? Post it in this topic.
, and/or add it to the Plugin issue tracker.
(Google code stopped supporting issue tracker)

If you find a LackeyCCG problem, you can report that here. If you are not sure if the problem/feature is in LackeyCCG or the startrek1e plugin, just report it it here in this topic, and I will forward the issue to the correct issue tracker.

Support
If you find any problems or have questions on how something works in Lackey when you are playing, you're always welcome to try to email, PM or IM me (MSN address available from my profile), I'll answer if I'm available.
Last edited by scox on Sun Apr 14, 2019 5:26 pm, edited 7 times in total.

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
FrakkinPhoenix wrote:Scox, you're awesome! :D Thanks so much for your hard work on this.
:thumbsup: I'd like to second that! Great work and much appreciated!

Thanks to all involved!

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Plugin updated!

Missed Worlds last week? Itching to play the OTF deck you never got to try out at worlds, or want to try out the updated version, and you don't have anyone to play locally? Or you prefer playing sealed deck perhaps? Well if you answered yes on any of these questions, then this update will be to your liking: main new features are OTF support and support for packages; i.e. you are able to "open" boosters, starters, OTSD, and other products directly in Lackey, build using the limited set of cards, and then go ahead and play.

Check out the first message in this topic to get instructions how to update the plugin. Full change log can also be found in the first message.

Also, many thanks to Timo and Nava, who have done almost all changes in this release, so direct your thanks to them! :)

Enjoy!

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
scox wrote:Plugin updated!

Check out the first message in this topic to get instructions how to update the plugin. Full change log can also be found in the first message.
Hi,

first of all thanks to scox for keeping Lackey support up-to-date. One addition:

If you have already decks created in Lackey you should export them as txt in the Lackey Deckeditor. The new plugin has changed the layout of the database, which might render your previous decks unusable. To avoid this, use following steps:

1: Before updating export all decks in the Deckeditor using the "Export as txt" button
2: Then update your plugin using the URL given in the first post
3: Import your decks to the updated Lackey and save them.

Have fun; if you encounter any glitches in Sealed deck please leave a message.

Nava

P.S. If anyone happens to have an image of the DS9 press-sheets given away as a price in the pre-release tournaments (esp. the 80 card Starter Sheet) please pm me!!!

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
A bunch of the images don't work any more. LfL, HMF, CoC, VPs and a few more all don't load.

EDIT: Hm, I deleted my plugin, reinstalled 2.2 (to save my decks), then updated and they all seem to be working now.

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Seems like an issue arising from a missing card db file (one of the now three ones: virtual.txt), since the structure and layout have been changed. Good that it worked to download the plugin again, but let me know if anyone else have similar problems.

Regarding deck conversions; if the trick above does not work, for instance if you have decks that you cannot use in the latest plugin, it might be that your deck is of another version than 2.2 (latest until recent) or 2.3 (new). I'll be creating plugin bundles of the latest couple of releases (very small, without images), that can be used to convert old non-working decks, using the same method as Nava describes above.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
A few notes:

Someone else I play with had the same problem that I originally reported but did not feel like going through the trouble of reinstalling everything.

Exporting decks as texts MOSTLY works. A few cards that were removed are also removed from decks. The ones I've noticed all had an * at the end of the name. They all appear to be reprints of previous cards (Ref set, conversion cards). Removing the * from the text file fixes this problem. However, not all cards with a * need it removed. For example, "Hogan" is the Fed version while "Hogan*" is the NA one.

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
FrakkinPhoenix wrote:A few notes:

Someone else I play with had the same problem that I originally reported but did not feel like going through the trouble of reinstalling everything.

Exporting decks as texts MOSTLY works. A few cards that were removed are also removed from decks. Thes ones I've noticed all had an * at the end of the name. They all appear to be reprints of previous cards (Ref set, conversion cards). Removing the * from the text file fixes this problem. However, not all cards with a * need it removed. For example, "Hogan" is the Fed version while "Hogan*" is the NA one.
The inconsistent naming is unfortunately a known issue, and the plan is to fix this, since same naming convention does not always mean the same thing. Reprints with same card image could for instance be removed, with the multiple sets info in the release column instead. Anyway, the issue is under review, and can hopefully be solved in a coming release.

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Plugin 2.3.1 released - a few cards was not listed according to the new standard for defining formats, so would disappear when sorting on standard, OTF, etc. Run AutoUpdate with the link in the first post and you will get the two new updated files.
Last edited by scox on Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks Nava for adding the pack definitions! I've been playing tonnes of Voyager Starter Warp Speed with my brother. He usually doesn't have the attention span for 1E, but with a single sealed starter we open and make decks and play a game within 30 to 40 minutes!

Tim

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]