This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1174 posts
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yep, that's the right link! And I can see in there that the link you have downloads this list which contains all the cards from The Cage, like Obsession.

I guess I'd try updating again, then rebooting Lackey, then searching for a specific card from The Cage (maybe Obsession!). It really should be there at that point.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Also because I had this problem once before.
Check what the format is set to, it's next to the Quick Search. If that is set to something like TNG Block it won't show The Cage cards.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
that's the link.
Go to Deck Editor
select any of these in Format: 'Any', 'OTF', 'OTF-Virtual' or 'TOS Block'
then go left and set
'Release' 'contains' 'Cage'
Then only cards from Cage show up.
unckeck 'Release'... and you are back to all of the cards from that Format.

'Quick search' is like 'Name' 'begins with'
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
.txt saves just the 'Name' of the card
.dek saves 'Name', 'Set' and 'Imagename'

If any of these parts doesn't match, the card doesn't load but still is in the deck until you save it again.

I did change 'Set' to make it searchable for OTF and Block sets.
A Way to convert .dek to .txt

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I herard/read many good things about Lackey. To try it out (and hopefully, to get used to it one day :lol: ), I downloaded and extraced the archive. I updated the 1eSTCCG plugin according to the link.

Is it possible that the card image for Nor is missing from the server/repository/resource location (whatsitcalled)?

Nope, it works now. I tried for some time, also after restarting Lackey -- but just now, I did get the image. :thumbsup:

(Another edit: eberlems seems to have fixed it after reading this post. That was the fastest customer service for such a cool product that I ever encountered. :cheersL: 8) )

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Still working on getting to know Lackey. Auto-updated all card images. (Even the Virtuals! :wink: :P 8) )

Got an error, though, for MACO Training Camp.
For the rest, seems to work as expected.

Can one, somehow, clear out things like the "recently used X" lists (where X is decks, plugins, browsed folders, etc.)? Because of trails (and errors), I'm copying to and fro, and renaming/deleting stuff, and I'd like to be able to clean the slate at various points within the process.

Great work, though. Work of labour, I reckon -- both the prog and the plugin.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I can't get Lackey to update with The Cage either.

I'm using this

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lacke ... telist.txt

when i hit the update button it says it is downloading files, then it says i must restart lackey after it downloads, but it never says anything else after that. Never says it is downloading any files or that it is complete. Not sure if i'm doing something wrong?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:I can't get Lackey to update with The Cage either.

I'm using this

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/lacke ... telist.txt

when i hit the update button it says it is downloading files, then it says i must restart lackey after it downloads, but it never says anything else after that. Never says it is downloading any files or that it is complete. Not sure if i'm doing something wrong?
Use this plugin URL instead: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/eberl ... telist.txt

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
so i was trying to load a deck to Lackey to do some test draws, and many cards are missing. Though, I figured out exactly which one. When I export the text file from CC Deck builder to lackey, any card that is tagged (Virtual Promo) does not show up. The cards ARE in lackey as VPs, but don't show up.

Example:

Mutation (with Tom Paris) will show up, but if I stock the VP version (with Chakotay) with will NOT show up. I searched for the chakotay version manually in lackey and it IS in the program, so I don't know why it won't show up in the deck.

anyone know how to fix this?

in lackey Mutation is just called "Mutation" (Tom Paris version) but the Chakotay version is called Mutation*VP. Maybe the *VP in the card title is throwing the system off?

Other cards, like Dead End, that have 2 versions are just named "Dead End" in the title of both of them without that weird *VP additional text in the card title.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
The problem with lackey is, that only one version with title "Mutation" will appear in decks. When there are two, one won't be used.
This is why several reprinted cards have a "*VP" or "(reprint Edition)" added to the title.
This allows to play any version you want so see (and your opponent to see the same version).

Currently transfering these reprints directly from lackey to trekcc is not possible but transfering any version from trekcc to lackey uses the first version. (Balancing Act needs (Homefront) added). I'ts on my todo list.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Does adding a filter of Set doesn't contain Second get rid of all the 2EBC cards? Or are there more filters to set up to filter all of them out?

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]

The deck qualifies, but the tournament currently[…]