This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1174 posts
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
It fails sometimes. It will come back. It is maddening.

By Tim (Tim Davidson)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:is there a second server or direct connection?
You can host a game yourself. Your opponent would connect directly to your IP. Would likely have to do some setup, firewall settings and open the port or DMZ on your router.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Timo wrote:
Ensign Q wrote:is there a second server or direct connection?
You can host a game yourself. Your opponent would connect directly to your IP. Would likely have to do some setup, firewall settings and open the port or DMZ on your router.
I find the easiest thing to do is use Hamachi VPN
you make a network, have your opponetn join.

Then go into lackey and create a game from the dropdown menu. Your opponent joins by IP. But they must type the IP and port of the network in hamachi rather than the one lackey tells you
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
pfti wrote:Hamachi VPN

P.S. I don't know why all my replies to you are suddenly Star Wars memes. I promise it's a coincidence.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
New Version available
-Errata on IDIC: Power of the High Command and Holographic Camouflage
-Mission Requirements Bug Fix
-Personnel Classification Bug Fix
-Homefront(2-5) cards now available with alternernate image
-Bugfix on image mixups (Genesis Planet, Devastating Communique,..)

Please save decks as *.txt (at least as backup); *.dek files will not load cards with changed image nor changed legal cards like this time IDIC: Power of the High Command and Holographic Camouflage

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
Thanks for the update! Too bad I didn't know before updating what was going to happen to the dek files. Now all my dek files are unreadable. Can that be fixed?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
I don't know what you're referring to with "-Personnel Classification Bug Fix" ... but it looks pretty buggy now. The Classification column is now completely empty for personnel. Also, species are not listed anywhere, it used to be in the Characteristics/Keywords column.
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
commdecker wrote:I don't know what you're referring to with "-Personnel Classification Bug Fix" ... but it looks pretty buggy now. The Classification column is now completely empty for personnel. Also, species are not listed anywhere, it used to be in the Characteristics/Keywords column.
3 things todo for the next version: add Classification to the correct colom, add species to characteristics, add new cards (The Cage and 218 VP Restore Victims).
Currently Chassifications are the first skill in Text, if that personnel has one (weren't there before).

---Info Box--
Each card in trekcc database can have information in 10 tables and those have a total of 172 coloms, some of these data need to be converted (& remove \n\r...), even ignored(no longer in use). Condensed to 27 coloms per card in lackey.
Card subtitles can change with "export deck to lackey". Information on the Block format 1&2 aren't there anymore. Lackeycardimagenames can be different from trekcc CardImage/ErrataCardImage.
Lackey .dek needs exact match on card title, card subtitle, Lackeycardimagename and "Set" (each set change/ errata image will make a mess for that card). Please backup as .txt.
I did change the "Set" in v4.0 to be more search friendly like every card that's OTF legal now has "OTF" and not "main" or "OTF"; Block "b00" and not "B00" or "core" and do on. "Set" was supposed for the actual expansion it came in, but woud make that "Formats" function way more complicated.
There is currently no way to export more than 5 piles as .txt from trekcc with "export deck to lackey" and trekcc hasn't the lackeycardimagenames list for .dek export.
Trekcc specific cardID is not in lackey, that would be the fastest way to identify each card and reprint.
I would like a (php) script on trekcc to create the lackey plugin (with cardid) and an import export function for .txt and .dek. But there are 2 lackey alternatives in the works, not sure if that script that will ever happen.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
SudenKapala wrote:Every time I'm starting to think, "maybe, one day, I'll play online," this topic eventually pops up. :? :(
Oh, online play is great. Having Lackey, and having all the cards get added to it, is great. You just get to see the minor complaints in a thread like this.

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]