This forums is for questions, answers, and discussion about First Edition rules, formats, and expansions.
  • 1174 posts

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hey all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this so if not, mods feel free to move it :)

So what do you recommend for playing a game on lackey? Do you load your deck, start a host, then just wait? Or is it better to set up a game time with someone?

Just curious as I've started a game a few times and haven't had anyone join. So maybe I'm answering my own question here :p

Thanks a bunch :)

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
ChadC wrote:Hey all,

I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this so if not, mods feel free to move it :)

So what do you recommend for playing a game on lackey? Do you load your deck, start a host, then just wait? Or is it better to set up a game time with someone?

Just curious as I've started a game a few times and haven't had anyone join. So maybe I'm answering my own question here :p

Definitely pre-arrange a game, I don't think many people go browsing on Lackey for a game. Post on the forums here instead asking for an opponent for a casual game, and then you can PM them to arrange a meet-up time. Or, join one of our online tournaments and then you'll be paired with a new opponent each week!

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Maelwys wrote:
ChadC wrote:Hey all,

Definitely pre-arrange a game, I don't think many people go browsing on Lackey for a game. Post on the forums here instead asking for an opponent for a casual game, and then you can PM them to arrange a meet-up time. Or, join one of our online tournaments and then you'll be paired with a new opponent each week!
Awesome advice. I'm definitely considering the tourney starting on the 8th. I will undoubtedly get trounced but as James Hatfield once screamed .. "jump in the fire." :)

Thanks Mael

By Se7enofMine (ChadC)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So yeah. Anyone interested in a game either tomorrow (Sunday) or Monday evening? Say around 7-10pm EST?

Id like to join the 1e tourney on starting on the 8th but would like to get a game or two in before to brush up on some rules n such (ice read the OTF rules sheet).

The person who offers to play will have to be patient. It'll be my first game in over 10 years, first game on lackey, and I've never done a tourney before. Rusty is an over simplification :p

Send me a pm and let's figure out a time :)

Thanks a ton all :)

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
ChadC wrote:So yeah. Anyone interested in a game either tomorrow (Sunday) or Monday evening? Say around 7-10pm EST?

Id like to join the 1e tourney on starting on the 8th but would like to get a game or two in before to brush up on some rules n such (ice read the OTF rules sheet).

The person who offers to play will have to be patient. It'll be my first game in over 10 years, first game on lackey, and I've never done a tourney before. Rusty is an over simplification :p

Send me a pm and let's figure out a time :)

Thanks a ton all :)
That's no problem.
Even experienced players often do not use Lackey regularly.

So, no worries.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Is anyone else having issues where they cannot click right on their buttons? ( I have to click below them.

i also cannot see the top menus

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Not happening to me currently. But if that changes I'm blaming you...

By Dizzle of Borg (Dizzle of Borg)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
So I tried to download Lackey on my Macbook but it says that there are no fonts available. It takes me to the "downloads" page to get the fonts but I don't see any there. Anyone do this on Mac that can maybe shed some light on the issue?

By Dizzle of Borg (Dizzle of Borg)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Did independent research and found the answer, in case anyone else runs in to this. Sorry if this was addressed earlier in this post, but I wasn't digging through 50 pages.

Stolen from some hapless forum user

I found out what the issue is. Apparently Sierra adds a quarantine attribute to certain downloaded applications. The solution is to run a terminal command and remove the quarantine attribute from your LackeyCCG folder.
You can view the extended attributes by opening Terminal and typing this command (replace the path with your folder location. You can type "xattr" put a space and then drag the lackey folder from Finder into the terminal window to automatically add the path.)

xattr /Users/youruserpath/Downloads/LackeyCCG

This gives the following attributes:
com.apple.FinderInfo
com.apple.quarantine

To remove the quarantine attribute, simply add the -d flag to delete the chosen extended attribute and the -r flag to apply the command recursively to the entire directory (Lackey folder)

xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine /LackeyCCGpath

If you're not familiar with Terminal, there won't be a message that tells you the task was completed. You can run the xattr command without any flags again to verify you've removed the quarantine attribute. You should now be able to launch LackeyCCG and install your plugin.

I did this and it instantly worked. Gotta love Apple for locking our stuff down, but man, it causes issues sometimes.

By scox (Johan Skoglund)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Dizzle of Borg wrote:Did independent research and found the answer, in case anyone else runs in to this. Sorry if this was addressed earlier in this post, but I wasn't digging through 50 pages.

Stolen from some hapless forum user

I found out what the issue is. Apparently Sierra adds a quarantine attribute to certain downloaded applications. The solution is to run a terminal command and remove the quarantine attribute from your LackeyCCG folder.
You can view the extended attributes by opening Terminal and typing this command (replace the path with your folder location. You can type "xattr" put a space and then drag the lackey folder from Finder into the terminal window to automatically add the path.)

xattr /Users/youruserpath/Downloads/LackeyCCG

This gives the following attributes:
com.apple.FinderInfo
com.apple.quarantine

To remove the quarantine attribute, simply add the -d flag to delete the chosen extended attribute and the -r flag to apply the command recursively to the entire directory (Lackey folder)

xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine /LackeyCCGpath

If you're not familiar with Terminal, there won't be a message that tells you the task was completed. You can run the xattr command without any flags again to verify you've removed the quarantine attribute. You should now be able to launch LackeyCCG and install your plugin.

I did this and it instantly worked. Gotta love Apple for locking our stuff down, but man, it causes issues sometimes.
Great, have not seen that issue or solution before, thanks for posting a solution! I added a troubleshooting section in the second post of this thread and added your solution text there.

I'll try to go through the thread and add older troubleshooting tips to the same section later on.

By Nava
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
martok88 wrote:It seems the cards from the pre-warp pack don't have any affiliations assigned to them in lackey. E.g. the D'kyr is not 'vulcan'.
Yes, my bad! I'll correct that together with a few other things (Affiliation missing on some VP and a few Facilities) and release it with the Holiday Warp Pack!

Cheers Nava
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Nava wrote:
martok88 wrote:It seems the cards from the pre-warp pack don't have any affiliations assigned to them in lackey. E.g. the D'kyr is not 'vulcan'.
Yes, my bad! I'll correct that together with a few other things (Affiliation missing on some VP and a few Facilities) and release it with the Holiday Warp Pack!

Cheers Nava
Don't forget Up Yer Shaft! too!
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0