Archive of the 2014 - 2015 WCT Season

For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
Good Evening 'Trek Fans!

As we turn the calendar over to January, it is once again time for our annual New Year's Charity Draft. Started 9 years ago by Caleb "The Jobber Champ" Grace, this annual fan favorite gig will see participants pay their way into, and possibly out of, 4 matches on the day, with the possibility to even see donations being made to partner off other combatants as "pick your poison" pairings take center stage for one night only. As always, each round will also feature the ever popular "To Be the Man... You Gotta Beat The Man" challenge, with awards and our "anything but silent" auction to follow.

Like last year, registration will start at 11:30 a.m. and the draft will start at high noon. Pre-registration is available here. Each entrant will be given a randomly assigned starter deck and several randomly assigned packs to draft from, with no restrictions on who can be played to the HQ(s). At present, the draft pool is as follows: 49 packs of Second Edition; 20 packs of Strange New Worlds; 30 packs of To Boldly Go; 14 packs of Captain's Log; & 11 packs of What You Leave Behind. The tournament entrance fee is $20, however it is a recommended donation, not a hard requirement, so anything that can be spared will gladly be accepted. All proceeds will benefit In the Spirit Prison Ministries, as we once again attempt to raise enough money to sponsor a family in the Philippines for an entire year over the course of one day of gaming amongst friends. Lastly but not leastly, bring your wallet and your appetite as the hostess with the mostess, Lillian "The Asian Sensation" Chan, will once again be cooking up grub for the assembled Champions to munch on over the course of the day, and if you were there for her B-day party you know her cooking is a huge selling point.

It's T2E Entertainment, it's the New Year's Revolution pay-per-view, and you gotta... be... THERE!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Good Evening, 'Trek Fans!

I have just received word that another T2E Legend, Loren "The Axe" Burr, will be returning to the ring in two weeks after two years in exile at New Year's Revolution! And in an effort to kick off the ring rust, he and fellow combatants Galen "Lone Wolf" Sjostrom and Lillian "The Asian Sensation" Chan have requested a few dark matches prior to the event. Are any of greater MN Land's great sages able to arrive early to accommodate them? I believe Galen and Lil could just be taught with the refurbished starters, while Loren has asked for a full constructed match, if possible. What do you say?

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I could swing by early (depending on road conditions, of course). If I get new 2E deck ready, then I'd be looking to try it out.
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
JamesValEson wrote:I could swing by early (depending on road conditions, of course). If I get new 2E deck ready, then I'd be looking to try it out.
Sweet! Even if you can't get a new deck ready for yourself, I wouldn't sweat it. While Loren indicated he would probably be bringing one of his own older builds, even if he shows up empty handed I have a couple still built that you two could borrow just to help him get a refresher on the game. Thanks for the offer, bud! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Reminder: The T2E Tough Enough League will roll on with the 2nd half of play as the 9th Annual Charity Draft kicks in to high gear on Saturday January 3rd! Unlike previous years, this event is NOT happening on New Year's Day, rather a few days later on the first Saturday of 2015. This switch was done to better accommodate any traveling players, and so far from the pre-registration page it looks like we will have a handful of those. It's T2E Entertainment... it's the New Year's Revolution PPV... and you gotta be THERE! :cheersL:
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Happy New Year! The 9th annual installment of greater MN Land's New Year's Charity Draft is looking to be a huge field, as no less than a dozen participants have already signed on for this blockbuster PPV. From the Facebook event page, private conversations, and pre-registrations, New Year's Revolution is already shaping up to be a highlight of 2015. Just take a look at who will be on hand!

Mike "The Natural" Harrington
Nat "The Beast From the East" Kirton
Jeremy "The Razor" Benedict
Kris "The Old Pro" Sonsteby
Barry "The Genius" Windschitl
Justin "Crimson" Kaufman
Ben "Mankind" Johnson
Matt "The Animal" Hayes
Robert "The Prodigy" Petersen
Preston "High Energy" Holida
Galen "Lone Wolf" Sjostrom
Loren "The Ax" Burr
Lillian "The Asian Sensation" Chan

Despite this star-studded field, there are still many who may join up with the assembled Champions in less than 2 days. Will The Animal arrive with other members of The Oddities in tow? Will T2E's power couple, Valbowksi and Herr Oberth, make a very special guest appearance? Or will Money, Inc.'s junior partner convince the old guard to crash the party? Tune in to find out!

P.S. If you can't be here in person to partake in the festivities, please consider making a tax deductible donation of as little as $5 to the cause at ISPM's website, and help us be a miracle to a family in need half a World away. Thanks in advance for your support!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Huge thanks to everyone who came out today for the 9th Annual Charity Draft, and to Preston "High Energy" Holida personally for being the player to travel the furthest AND then offer to sell all his dust collecting sealed product to the cause at a steep discount so we have enough product to run the 10th annual event next year! Love ya, Preston! Thanks! :cheersL:

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
My nephew, Ryan, and I just got home from our trek to the Cities. The Charity Draft yesterday was a blast and it was good seeing everybody there. 15 players for a non-Masters event is and should be quite a big deal. Maybe we can have one here sometime soon :cross: :wink: And depending on the time of year, maybe, just maybe the weather will cooperate in the decent department (like it did mostly this weekend, again :cross: )

A great big Thank You to our gracious hosts, Kris and Lillian. They were awesomely welcoming and it was fun playing at their place.

Ryan got a host of new cards to add to both his 1E and 2E collections and I'm sure I'll see them in play in the nearest of futures.

Happy New Year to all.

-Matthew
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Good evening, 'Trek fans!

Events #7 and #8 of the T2E Tough Enough League are now locked and loaded, as the Frozen Chosen will once again be descending on Fantasy Flight Games Event Center in Roseville for an action packed day of gaming. In a little less than two weeks on January 24th, T2E Management will proudly present Royal Rumble, a three tournament free-for-all where three lucky participants will punch their tickets to the playoffs! Starting promptly at 10 a.m. with a Second Edition event, combatants will test their mettle in all three constructed disciplines: 2E Standard, 1E OTF, and Tribbles Constructed!

Pre-registration has just come online, and from the looks of things Money, Inc. charter members Matt "The Original Champion" Frid and his sidekick Henry "The Chosen One" Frid will both be entrants in this winter battle, and last year's league winner Kris "The Old Pro" Sonsteby will also no doubt be on hand to scout his competition. But who else will seek to ascend the throne at the Royal Rumble in just a few short weeks? Will Barry "The Genius" Windschitl once again crossover to the First Edition side and trade shots with his nemesis from the North, Matt "The Animal" Hayes? Will 1E New Blood acolytes Dan "Lethal Weapon" Van Kampen and Robert "The Prodigy" Petersen make their presence felt and walk away with tag team gold? Or will Mike "The Natural" Harrington come off the sidelines and turn back all comers in this his signature match? Tune in to find out!

The sure fire cure for your Holiday hangover, coming to PPV in just a few short weeks it's the Royal Rumble! In The Land of 10,000 Champions, anything can happen... and it probably will! You gotta be there!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Who will join 1st half qualifiers Kris "The Old Pro" Sonsteby, Nat "The Beast from the East" Kirton, and Barry "The Genius" Windschitl in the league playoffs during February and March? Tune in to Royal Rumble in just over a week to find out! You gotta be there!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
Only a few more days before The Frozen Chosen descend on Fantasy Flight Games Event Center in Roseville for the Royal Rumble! Who will ascend the throne and punch their tickets to the playoffs? Tune in to find out! Often imitated but never duplicated, the hottest brand going in the business today is T2E Entertainment. You gotta be there!
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 -  
Architect
See everybody tomorrow at Royal Rumble! :cheersL:

By Hobie (Robert Petersen)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Sorry I won't be making it today. I have been sick the last few days. Hope everyone has a great time!

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Late to post many of these, so playing catch up tonight...

Second Half, Event 1 Results:

1. Jeremy Benedict - 16
2. Kris Sonsteby - 12
3. Steve Nelson - 10
4. Chris Forsell - 10
5. Robert Peterson - 8
6. Nat Kirton - 8
7. Lillian Chan - 8

By flrazor (Jeremy Benedict)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Second Half, Event 2 Results: