By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
chompers wrote:Image are now the most successful affiliaition this Regional season with a win rate of 50%
I'm throwing the small sample bullshit flag on that conclusion. I dont have my undergrad stats book in front of me, but I think the 95% confidence range on a sample size of two is somewhere in the 4-5 standard deviation range, meaning it's pretty much a meaningless number.

Play an affiliation 30 times, then look at it's win% and get back to me with a meaningful number.

(I think to really draw conclusions we need a LOT more regionals...)

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Armus wrote:
chompers wrote:Image are now the most successful affiliaition this Regional season with a win rate of 50%
I'm throwing the small sample bullshit flag on that conclusion. I dont have my undergrad stats book in front of me, but I think the 95% confidence range on a sample size of two is somewhere in the 4-5 standard deviation range, meaning it's pretty much a meaningless number.

Play an affiliation 30 times, then look at it's win% and get back to me with a meaningful number.

(I think to really draw conclusions we need a LOT more regionals...)
My conclusion was more fun and i am going to stick with it (BTW Maths/Science teacher by profession)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Some comments:

[SD] [Car] and [SF] both win their first regional in 2015
[SD] Image and [DS9-E] are the most successful affiliations with a win rate of 33%
[SD] [DS9] are the worst affiliation having been played 9 times without managing a place in the top 2
[SD] [TN] are the least popular affiliation having been played only 3 times ( [NA] has actually been played 5 times including Khan)
[SD] [TOS] are the most popular affiliation represented 24 times in tournaments
[SD] Unknown affiliation is the fourth most popular affiliation this regional season
[SD] [Fut] remains the affiliation to play to finish second.
Attachments:
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (19.02 KiB) Viewed 6826 times

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
chompers wrote:Some comments:

[SD] [DS9] are the worst affiliation having been played 9 times without managing a place in the top 2.
[DS9] have now won more Regionals in 2015 that they did in 2014

Should I do this again in 2015?
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Go for it. If you weren't, I was thinking about it. (I still might compile a couple other things, like most popular dilemmas among winners, etc. In fact, I could do that for 1E as well.)

By Iron Mike
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
2E Australian National Runner-Up 2015
When chompers makes graphs, we all win. :D
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
OKCoyote wrote:...I still might compile a couple other things, like most popular dilemmas among winners, etc...
Steppin' on my turf, huh? :D

In other news, The Road to Worlds: Winning Deck Analysis series will be back starting this Thursday.

(As a side note, I know that the image hosting service that I used for my dilemma posts/articles has died, I'll work on fixing that sometime today/tonight.)
Last edited by edgeofhearing on Tue Mar 31, 2015 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
edgeofhearing wrote:
OKCoyote wrote:...I still might compile a couple other things, like most popular dilemmas among winners, etc...
Steppin' on my turf, huh? :D

In other news, The Road to Worlds: Winning Deck Analysis series will be back starting this friday.

(As a side note, I know that the image hosting service that I used for my dilemma posts/articles has died, I'll work on fixing that sometime today/tonight.)
You can go for it, too. Less work for me.

I hadn't seen any move to cover Regional season in any way before today, and I didn't want it not to be covered. That said, I do have something in mind yet - perhaps a video series...
Second Edition Art Manager
By edgeofhearing (Lucas Thompson)
 - Second Edition Art Manager
 -  
Community Contributor
OKCoyote wrote:You can go for it, too. Less work for me.

I hadn't seen any move to cover Regional season in any way before today, and I didn't want it not to be covered. That said, I do have something in mind yet - perhaps a video series...
I would highly encourage you to restart your video coverage of regionals, you did a great job last year. Also, like last year, my coverage will be lacking on the predictions front, instead focusing on interviewing the winners and analyzing decks.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
edgeofhearing wrote:
OKCoyote wrote:You can go for it, too. Less work for me.

I would highly encourage you to restart your video coverage of regionals, you did a great job last year. Also, like last year, my coverage will be lacking on the predictions front, instead focusing on interviewing the winners and analyzing decks.
:thumbsup: looking forward to whatever coverage we get this regional season

Wird erledigt : ). Es war übrigens wirklich[…]

I suspect that’s the usual forum badges you […]

Zwei Turniere und das schon im März ... Das L[…]

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]