By stoovie (Matthyas Kiraly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
(related front-page article to go live on the 2nd Feb 2015)

This thread contains the information and instructions required to apply to host a Regional event in the 2015 Regional Season. Regional events are the first step on the Road to Worlds, and are held all across the world; events can be held by any play group, and can be held for First Edition, Second Edition, and Tribbles. However, this process (and thus a separate application) must be completed for each different Regional event you wish to host.

Applications open from the 2nd of February 2015, and will remain open until 11:59PM (in your region) on SUNDAY the 22nd of FEBRUARY 2015. Late applications may be considered at the discretion of the Department of Organized Play.

Before you begin the application process, you will need the following information for each Regional event for which you wish to apply:

Your contact information
As the event organizer, we need to be able to contact you in order to support your Regional events(s). We will need your full name, your trekcc.org forum name, your email address, your phone number, and your current mailing address.

Judge's information
If you are not judging this event, you need to provide the contact information for your event's judge. (If you are judging your own event, you don't need to submit your information again.) We will need his or her full name, trekcc.org forum name, email address and phone number.

Venue's information
We will need the information about the venue that will host your Regional event. Please provide the venue name and street address; if possible, please also provide the venue's phone number and email address.

Event type
You will need to select the edition and format of your Regional event; any sanctioned format listed in section 4 of the Organized Play Guide can be selected. Event formats can be Constructed, Draft, or Sealed. Card Pools can be Academy (2E), Block (1E), Complete, Limited, Traditional, or Virtual. First Edition Rules options are Official (OTF), Open, Revised, Warp Speed, or X-List. Second Edition Rules options are Slipstream or Standard. Tribbles have only one Rules option, Standard. If you are planning to run a Draft or Sealed event, you must provide details about product provided/used and anticipated cost for participants.

Event scheduling
In addition to your first choice date and time (between 28 March 2015 and 28 June 2015 inclusive), you must provide at least one alternate date and time. The earlier you apply, the better chance you will get your preferred date.

Once you've gathered the required information, you should complete the following steps in order to submit your application to host one or more Regional events:

1. Submit your application fee.
All Regional applications are subject to a one-time, fully refundable, $25 (US) application fee; these application fees can be submitted via The Promenade. Once application fee payment is completed, locate your requisition number (from "My Requisitions") and write it down - you will need to include it in your application.

While you are in the Promenade, make sure that your shipping address is current and correct.

2. Determine your contact.
Depending on where in the world you are located, you will need to submit your application to one of three (3) different people. Each Continental Coordinator will be processing applications for their own spheres of influence, as follows:

Australia: Steve Hartmann (chompers)
Europe: Thomas Schneider (thsch)
North America: Michael Van Breemen (The Ninja Scot)

All Other Countries/Regions should submit applications to the Director of Organized Play, Matthyas Kiraly (stoovie)

3. Submit your application.
Once you have collected all the required information, submitted your application fee and obtained your requisition number, send your application via PM to the correct contact. You may copy the following text into your application:
2015 Regional Application

Application fee requisition #:

Organizer's Name:
Organizer's Trekcc.org Forum Name:
Organizer's Email Address:
Organizer's Phone:
Organizer's Mailing Address:

(Judge's information required only if different from organizer's above.)
Judge's Name:
Judge's Trekcc.org Forum Name:
Judge's Email Address:
Judge's Phone:

Venue's Name:
Venue's Street Address:
Venue's Phone:
Venue's Email Address:

Game:
Format:
Card Pool:
Rules:

First Choice Event Date/Time:
Alternate Event Date/Time:
What happens next?
Once your application has been submitted to the Department of Organized Play, you will receive a message confirming receipt of your application and application fee. At this point, you are done with the application process. (Don't forget to submit a separate application for each event you wish to host.)

Applicants will be notified of the status of their applications on or before 21 February 2015. If accepted, the applicants will be provided additional instructions including details on how to list their events in the tournament system and instructions for obtaining their regional kits. Regional kits are available for a small fee and can only be ordered after the applications are accepted. In the event that an application can not be accepted, the application fees will be fully refunded.

If you have any questions about this process or these instructions, please PM your Continental Coordinator. Good luck and have fun planning your events!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Is there a reason that we can't have regionals before 3/28? I was planning on something for mid-March but I guess if anything it will be a local. :(

Any chance we can get this changed? :cross:

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I put my application in.

If it helps anyone in the surrounding areas who plays 1E, I put in a preferred date for June 28th. Yes I know last day, but it's Ryan and mine's birthday weekend, so plan on not only doing Star Trek Regionals, but enjoying an evening of fun afterwards...

Ryan said he's bringing CAKE!! :D

~D

By Neelix (Scott Baughman)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
  Trek Masters 2E Champion 2024
HoodieDM wrote:I put my application in.

If it helps anyone in the surrounding areas who plays 1E, I put in a preferred date for June 28th. Yes I know last day, but it's Ryan and mine's birthday weekend, so plan on not only doing Star Trek Regionals, but enjoying an evening of fun afterwards...

~D
Sweet! Are y'all going to do it in Lexington or in Oak Ridge?

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Neelix wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:I put my application in.

~D
Sweet! Are y'all going to do it in Lexington or in Oak Ridge?
Mines in the Lexington area. Ryan's trying to aim for his full weekendregionalextravaganzapalooza the weekend of April 25th/26th. At least thats his intent I think.

~D

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ok, I submitted a requisition to the Promenade for a 1E regional AND a 2E regional and PayPal processed my payment. However, the requisition doesn't show up in my Promenade section. BUT - the store won't let me buy another one, either. I have no idea what the Requisition # is, but I submitted a PM to MVB anyway with my PayPal transaction ID.

I hope that's sufficient.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Never mind! The Requisition number showed up!

Thanks!
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
Hello! We have about a week remaining before the official closing date of Regional applications. The following locations already have applications on file. If you don't see your location listed, there's still time to ask your TD or apply to run one yourself!

Tribbles
Grapevine, TX
Sioux Falls, SD
Fargo, ND
San Diego, CA
Auburn, WA
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Melbourne, FL
Orlando, FL
Marysville, WA
Roseville, MN
Glen Ellyn, IL

1st Edition
San Diego, CA
Matthew, NC
Auburn, WA
Oliver Springs, TN
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Fargo, ND
Richmond, KY
Sioux Falls, SD
Palm Bay, FL
Marysville, WA
Roseville, MN
Glen Ellyn, IL
North Olmstead, OH

2nd Edition
Grapevine, TX
Roswell, GA
Sioux Falls, SD
Fargo, ND
San Diego, CA
Matthew, NC
Auburn, WA
Burnaby, BC, Canada
Melbourne, FL
Orlando, FL
Marysville, WA
Roseville, MN
Chelmsford, MA
Glen Ellyn, IL
Mount Vernon, OH
Abingdon, MD
North Olmstead, OH
Last edited by The Ninja Scot on Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:01 am, edited 8 times in total.
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I have it, just didn't get copy/pasted correctly from my spreadsheet. I'll have this thread updated when I get home (on bus right now.)

Michael
Director of Communications
By OKCoyote (Daniel Matteson)
 - Director of Communications
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Boratus wrote:So when will regional tournaments be posted? The sooner they're posted. the quicker I can make plans.
According to the announcement, tonight at midnight server time.

Is it now that we talk about the dream card forum?[…]

German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]