Ambassador
By Comicbookhero (Michael Moskop)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Regional season rolls through Chicagoland and the College of Dupage's CODcon on April 10th, 11th, and 12th!

We will be hosting regional championships for First Edition, Second Edition, and Tribbles. The schedule is as follows:

April 10th
6:00PM 2E Constructed "Warm Up" Event
6:00PM 1E Block Sealed "Warm Up" Event (Limited to 8 players due to sealed stock on hand.)

April 11th
11:00AM 2E Regional Championship
6:00 PM Tribbles Championship

April 12th
11:00AM 1E Regional Championship

These tournaments will be part of the College of Dupage CODcon. A CODcon badge will be required to enter. Please see http://www.codcon.com for more details and badge prices.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Just a heads up that Strange Bedfellows will NOT be legal for the 2E Regional.

If I had more time, I would make the 2E warm up event sealed and add cards from the new set but there is no way I could print cards that day.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
The Chicagoland Regionals are less than a week away!

If you are planning on attending, it would be a big help if you pre-register so that we can get an idea of how many people to expect. This is especially true for the Friday warm-up events as if it looks that we cannot sanction two tournaments, I will cancel the 1E event so that we can at least sanction the 2E event. Thanks also to everyone who has already pre-reg'ed.

By MrVorlon
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Comicbookhero wrote:The Chicagoland Regionals are less than a week away!

If you are planning on attending, it would be a big help if you pre-register so that we can get an idea of how many people to expect. This is especially true for the Friday warm-up events as if it looks that we cannot sanction two tournaments, I will cancel the 1E event so that we can at least sanction the 2E event. Thanks also to everyone who has already pre-reg'ed.
Don't let 1E sealed get cancelled...come on out on Friday!
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
MrVorlon wrote:Is 2E going to be sanctioned? Should I even bother to come on Friday?.I could just stay home and watch Daredevil.
I'll be perfectly honest and say I am not sure if we will sanction or not. I've gotten a lot of definite "nays," and the only "yeas" I've gotten are you and Al. I will be bringing some board games just in case we don't sanction.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I may come out. Must discuss scheduling first. Will be playing 2e if that's the case.

Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Got a couple more in the "nay" category, so sadly, we have to cancel the 1E event. If you are planning on coming, please bring a 2E deck and play in our 2E Constructed tournament!

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
Michael,

You don't necessarily have to cancel the 1E event beforehand. You could keep it in the system, and if on the night of the two side tournies that one doesn't see turnout, you can then cancel it afterwards. That would keep the option open for any players who show up and for which event they choose to play in, in case both events get the 4 person (or more) turnout.

There's no penalty of any sort for keeping two simultaneous (near simultaneous) events that run concurrently (alongside each other). This way, if you keep both listed, and turnout bears out for both, then you've got happy players either way/for both editions.

Just my suggestion.

-Matthew
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
karonofborg13 wrote:Just my suggestion.
Thanks for the suggestion but with the fear of not sanctioning the tournament, it is probably best to err on the side of caution and cancel. That way I can save time prepping all of those virtual cards and decks and use that time to organize prize support etc.

I do promise that we will have Block Sealed in Chicagoland soon though!
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
ltkettch17 wrote:If more people want to play 1E sealed, I can fill in a spot for that. I'll need some help, but I gotta start sometime.
Ok well then what I will say is that I recommend people bring a 2E deck AND backing cards and sleeves. We will see how many people turn up and what they want to play tomorrow. Now I need to stay up tonight and finish cutting all these cards.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
ltkettch17 wrote:If more people want to play 1E sealed, I can fill in a spot for that. I'll need some help, but I gotta start sometime.
Just do everything you'd do for 2E, but upside-down and backwards. :D

Oh, and I don't think I'm in tomorrow night. Too many kid issues. *sigh*
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Well I just finished cutting enough decks and packs for 8 players. So I hope there is some interest. I had them printed at Office Max so the quality is good. That means I wont be a stickler about sleeves if people forget.
1EFQ: Random Releases

I'll add one more thing. If this becomes more of[…]

Thermokinetic explosion

Then why do we specify unused on outclassed? […]

Klingon Neelix ponderings

I am collecting data at this point. Someone aske[…]

Keep in mind that it doesn't stop anyone itself, m[…]