- Delta Quadrant
 -  
nickyank wrote:That's a pretty nice of spread of affiliations right there. Everyone but Maquis have gotten some love, so design must be doing something right.
That is a nice spread but a possibly faulty conclusion. Some people just play what they like and/or know (example - I took Romulan Long Journey Home to a regional a couple years back).

By KillerB (John Corbett)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Community Contributor
prylardurden wrote:
nickyank wrote:That's a pretty nice of spread of affiliations right there. Everyone but Maquis have gotten some love, so design must be doing something right.
That is a nice spread but a possibly faulty conclusion. Some people just play what they like and/or know (example - I took Romulan Long Journey Home to a regional a couple years back).
That was my GenCon theory from last year when people tried to defend Romulans.

By chompers (Steve Hartmann)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
2E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
Four events this week - One was sealed and one was virtual constructed.

I have decided to only include statistics for Standard Constructed events so only two new events added.

Any objections?
Attachments:
2015v7.jpg
2015v7.jpg (183.59 KiB) Viewed 4745 times

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
chompers wrote:Four events this week - One was sealed and one was virtual constructed.

I have decided to only include statistics for Standard Constructed events so only two new events added.

Any objections?
I'd say yes, Steve, but, whatever. :(

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
karonofborg13 wrote:
chompers wrote:Four events this week - One was sealed and one was virtual constructed.

Any objections?
I'd say yes, Steve, but, whatever. :(
After Regionals has finished, I plan to do an analysis of previous years data to better map how affiliation popularity and success has changed since 2008.

I plan to include all high level events in each year, treating day 1 and day 2 events as separate events.

The question I have been asking myself though is what type of events I should include? Do I use all events, exclude sealed events, exclude other constructed formats? For the data to be meaningful, the format really shouldn't change.

However, that's my plan once Regionals are finished. Maybe I will include all data for this Regional season like I did for last season. Let me think on it and I will update next week.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Did you include virtual, traditional or sealed in last year's data?

Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:Did you include virtual, traditional or sealed in last year's data?
I remember that Ken's win at my Regional last year was not counted. It was IDIC draft and he won it with a Maquis HQ deck that had no [Maq] and only Fed Treachery or [NA] .
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
chompers wrote:Any objections?
Not from me. Too much weird mixing happens outside of Constructed, and it has undue influence over the affiliation data. (The sample size is already small.)

Not to say the results are any less valid or noteworthy. I love that Regionals are being played in all sorts of formats.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
The Mad Vulcan wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:Did you include virtual, traditional or sealed in last year's data?
I remember that Ken's win at my Regional last year was not counted. It was IDIC draft and he won it with a Maquis HQ deck that had no [Maq] and only Fed Treachery or [NA] .
It was counted, at least originally, because I remember Steve reporting it as the first "Maquis" deck played and they had a 100% win rate.
Not from me. Too much weird mixing happens outside of Constructed, and it has undue influence over the affiliation data. (The sample size is already small.)

Not to say the results are any less valid or noteworthy. I love that Regionals are being played in all sorts of formats.
I agree, it's not like this thread is about who won, just what won. Lucas and Daniel can cover the regionals using other formats.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I included all formats last year. I have been trying to show comparisons between this year and last year with some complications as I have slightly changed how I have collected the data this year (notably with single HQ decks with a majority of NA personnel). Having done this for a while now I have a better understanding of how to navigate this website to collect data and a more refined vision of what I'd like to achieve from doing this.

Once regional season is over I have a plan to collect historical data for each year from 2008 onwards. When doing this, I will only include standard constructed. I will include all events lvl2+ and treat day 1 and day 2 events as separate events. I want to do this to show how affiliation popularity and success has changed over time. If phase II is working (and it clearly is), then the popularity and affiliation success should have changed over time. I am curious how much it has changed in the past.

I hope if this works, it might be a valuable tool for the CC in determining future direction for the game. If not, I will have had some fun doing it and it will probably help shape the decisions I make when choosing decks for major events. I will share what I find with others, because why not.

For those that are worried about me. Don't worry. I have an unhealthy obsession with data and Excel spreadsheets. They should have a name for that. I am quite aware of this.

:cheersL:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I understand the Excel obsession. I volunteered to do all the assessment data analysis for my department because I like playing in Excel. It's also the only way I get to do research any more, since I teach at community college.

Sent through subspace from the U.S.S. Enterprise.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
All Regional results included in this update and I will continue to do the same for future updates

All events have been standard constructed except for one sealed event and one virtual constructed event
Attachments:
2015v8.jpg
2015v8.jpg (192.42 KiB) Viewed 4623 times
German Nationals 2024 (1E)

Done. Your complete decklist. Can't have your […]

Unser Turnier in Köln gestern war ebenfalls[…]

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]