By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index. ... entID=8046
2E: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index. ... entID=8047
Tribbles: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index. ... entID=8048

This is the thread for the Sioux Falls, SD Andoria Regional Tournaments..

On Behalf of Kevin, I have put these into the system, and invite players from the area to enter the Danger Zone! On Saturday, we will have 1E, 2E, and Tribbles tournaments where you can test your mettle against representatives of the Best region in the World!
Will you be able to beat the latest machinations of Dakota Champ?
What Is Heavy Metal Heaney going to show up with?
Can you beat The Genius and his latest deck-Du-jour?
Can you beat any of the Outlaws and their latest machinations?

WHO will show up?!?

BDubs (The Genius)

FYI: Unfortunately, the prize kits won't likely show up until Monday, after the event. Foils will be distributed regardless, it will just involve snail mail, or hading them off to players at a later gig.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Your links are broken... And I am not sure I know enough about the tournament pages to figure out how to fix them...

By karonofborg13 (Matthew Hayes)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Architect
1E: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=8046
2E: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=8047
Tribbles: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=8048

There, Barry, fixed that for you. Now, if the TD would get in his results, a.s.a.p., please. I'm particularly interested in seeing if James didn't make the trip for naught.
Director of Organized Play
By LORE (Kris Sonsteby)
 - Director of Organized Play
 -  
Architect
1E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
2E Andoria Regional Champion 2023
W.C.T. Chairman's Trophy winner 2014-2015
karonofborg13 wrote:1E: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=8046
2E: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=8047
Tribbles: https://www.trekcc.org/tournament/index ... entID=8048

There, Barry, fixed that for you. Now, if the TD would get in his results, a.s.a.p., please. I'm particularly interested in seeing if James didn't make the trip for naught.
According to my sources, Kev and Barry finished 1st and 2nd, respectively, in 1E and 2E. James attended, but I do not know where he finished. I also have no clue who won Tribbles.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Results Entered now, and it did end up that way. I even got over 1 million tribbles in the prelim thanks to Keith's deck that I borrowed (as my deck need more work).

Barry
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I was too slow for Barry's solver deck (having removed most of my battle tech from the Starfleet deck to make way for defense) but still not well-defended enough against Kevin's Dominion Cap-and-Slaughter Deck to survive long enough to solve missions. So two full losses.

Paxan "Wormhole" with Data (Aspirer) bought me an enormous amount of time, though; I actually solved a mission against the slaughter deck!

I also pulled a mod win (against Mark's Kazon Battle build -- also a very scary deck, but one the juiced-up Enterprise was able to handle with a little help from The Needs of the Many.

All-in-all, a thrilling day in a radically different meta. Player-rating-wise, it was an atrocious day (haven't looked yet), but I learned more than I have in several recent tournaments combined. And it's all about the learning. Kevin made me feel very welcome, as did his player group, who are shockingly serious about Tribbles. I couldn't be happier.

Deets to follow in a report.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:I was too slow for Barry's solver deck (having removed most of my battle tech from the Starfleet deck to make way for defense) but still not well-defended enough against Kevin's Dominion Cap-and-Slaughter Deck to survive long enough to solve missions. So two full losses.

Paxan "Wormhole" with Data (Aspirer) bought me an enormous amount of time, though; I actually solved a mission against the slaughter deck!

I also pulled a mod win (against Mark's Kazon Battle build -- also a very scary deck, but one the juiced-up Enterprise was able to handle with a little help from The Needs of the Many.

All-in-all, a thrilling day in a radically different meta. Player-rating-wise, it was an atrocious day (haven't looked yet), but I learned more than I have in several recent tournaments combined. And it's all about the learning. Kevin made me feel very welcome, as did his player group, who are shockingly serious about Tribbles. I couldn't be happier.

Deets to follow in a report.
Yeah, given that Kev's taught his people well, it was a different run from what we normally get in the TCs.

BDubs
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I rather doubt everyone will be posting theirs -- several players had deeply ambivalent feelings about 1E to begin with -- and it was posted as a Decklist-not-Required event. I'll get mine up, though, as soon as I get the chance, and hopefully my reports will give some good deets about what everyone else was playing.

If you look up Kevin's deck from past events, though, it's essentially the same Dominion deck he's been playing for a year, but with Reward From The Founders as a jumpstart and the clever Security Holding Cell --> Brainwash --> Training Ring bounce discussed on the fora last year.

A really extraordinary deck. Like the Kazon Battle Fleet, it doesn't rely on any one card to work correctly. Unlike the Kazon Battle Fleet, I have no idea how to tech against it. How do you stop Invasive Transporters and Dimensional Shifting from punching through your shields and murdering all your dudes, at their outpost, on Turn 3? Paxan "Wormhole" did great, but I expect a future version of the deck will counter that defense by packing an android. Besides, the moment I left the wormhole, I got blown away.

Should make an interesting thread in 1E (Gameplay) when I get the chance for a write-up. This deck has had enough victims now that I think a conversation could be had!

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote:I rather doubt everyone will be posting theirs -- several players had deeply ambivalent feelings about 1E to begin with -- and it was posted as a Decklist-not-Required event.
All Regional level events per the OP department guidelines for regional tournaments are deck-lists required last time i checked...
Note this also apparently includes tribbles I know i got yelled at one year by OP for missing a tribbles deck list on a regional event i was running, as I had misinterpreted that requirement for a regional as only applying to 1e/2e.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Worf Son of Mogh wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:I rather doubt everyone will be posting theirs -- several players had deeply ambivalent feelings about 1E to begin with -- and it was posted as a Decklist-not-Required event.
All Regional level events per the OP department guidelines for regional tournaments are deck-lists required last time i checked...
Note this also apparently includes tribbles I know i got yelled at one year by OP for missing a tribbles deck list on a regional event i was running, as I had misinterpreted that requirement for a regional as only applying to 1e/2e.
This almost never happens though, even Continentals and Worlds have numerous deck lists not posted each year.

By Wedge772 (Matthew Ting)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Adventurer
1E Australian National Champion 2015
Looking at the 1E results / pairings, I'm wondering how is it that Kevin and Barry never faced each other?

Going into round 3, they are the only undefeated players (so highest VP). I'm not an expert on these things, but I can't see why that wouldn't have happened.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Wedge772 wrote:Looking at the 1E results / pairings, I'm wondering how is it that Kevin and Barry never faced each other?

Going into round 3, they are the only undefeated players (so highest VP). I'm not an expert on these things, but I can't see why that wouldn't have happened.
:thumbsup:

Given the huge gap between VP, this should have been the grand finale

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
sexecutioner wrote:
Wedge772 wrote:Looking at the 1E results / pairings, I'm wondering how is it that Kevin and Barry never faced each other?

:thumbsup:

Given the huge gap between VP, this should have been the grand finale
Actually, since there was a MW in the first round and Kev and Barry both recorded FWs, they should have gone heads up in the second round.

I have no idea how that didn't happen, unless one of the results was entered erroneously.
Question for noob

To his location (but anywhere at that location - p[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]