1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I asked Barry about this yesterday and he sent me the following -

"To be honest, I only took on the role of TD as Kevin couldn't even access the website to do so. If any mistakes were made in pairings, then I chalk that up to my being rusty on running these things. I had others check things over and no problems were brought up at the time
I will be more careful in the future."

Michael

By JamesValEson (Barry Windschitl)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:I rather doubt everyone will be posting theirs -- several players had deeply ambivalent feelings about 1E to begin with -- and it was posted as a Decklist-not-Required event. I'll get mine up, though, as soon as I get the chance, and hopefully my reports will give some good deets about what everyone else was playing.

If you look up Kevin's deck from past events, though, it's essentially the same Dominion deck he's been playing for a year, but with Reward From The Founders as a jumpstart and the clever Security Holding Cell --> Brainwash --> Training Ring bounce discussed on the fora last year.

A really extraordinary deck. Like the Kazon Battle Fleet, it doesn't rely on any one card to work correctly. Unlike the Kazon Battle Fleet, I have no idea how to tech against it. How do you stop Invasive Transporters and Dimensional Shifting from punching through your shields and murdering all your dudes, at their outpost, on Turn 3? Paxan "Wormhole" did great, but I expect a future version of the deck will counter that defense by packing an android. Besides, the moment I left the wormhole, I got blown away.

Should make an interesting thread in 1E (Gameplay) when I get the chance for a write-up. This deck has had enough victims now that I think a conversation could be had!
I also forgot to change the decklist requirement after they were made regionals, that got past me so my bad on that. From what was said, even if that had been changed, due to the reasons of the South Dakota group, and Kevin in particular (as he still hasn't even been given back access to the basic non-forum parts of the site, like deckbuilder, tourney system, reports), I would not have held them to that stipulation.
The lack of response on my request to have the prize kits sent out sooner than it was (I purchased them 4-20-15, sent a PM about them being sent ASAP, and they weren't sent until Monday 4-27-15 , so didn't arrive until it was too late for the gig, ), also lead me to give them leeway in this regard.

Both these ideas have elements that interest me as[…]

Done.

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Hello, Here are the 2nd round pairings, courtesy […]

Thermokinetic explosion

It would hit because your total attibutes at the t[…]