For more details about this tournament, to pre-register, or to view results, click here

By Worf Son of Mogh (Kenneth Tufts)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
2E North American Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
2E Canadian National Runner-Up 2023
Hey all,

The Vancouver play groups weekend regional Extravaganza will be June 21st and 22nd, We invite all to come have some fun with a load of Trek events, all events will be at our regular venue Roxanne's Place, (Hyperlight as we like to call in it remembrance of her old store that supported Trek in Vancouver so much).
For any one traveling to attend, I can host some over night guests for the Saturday evening should you need it, just PM me about arrangements that can be made.

All the main events are FREE to play in, small entry fee's will be in place for the sealed side events, donations towards the prize pool are always appreciated though.

Prizes will include the TrekCC regional foils, medals for the top 3 places and several other nice things.

Reminder Deck lists are required for Regional level events, Pre-Reg is not but is appreciated.

Schedule:

Saturday the 21st:
@ 1030 2e Regional - 4 rounds: Register here

@ ~1630 1e Voyager Warp speed sealed, Entry $5 - 3-4 rounds: Register here

@ 1900 Tribbles Regional - 2 x 5 round PODS: Register here

Sunday the 22nd:
@ 0900 2e Side Event, 3 round - 2e standard: Register here

@ 1300 1e Regional - 4 rounds: Register here

@ ~1900 Tribbles Side event(s), Fun Tribbles - 5 rounds: Register here

Hope to see lots of people for the weekend, feel free to contact me with any questions!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I see that J finished 3-1, and handed Ken his only loss, with my Mirror TOS battle deck. I'm honored that he decided to run with it and congratulate him on the strong finish! :thumbsup:

So how many ships did you blow up, J? :)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
Armus wrote:I see that J finished 3-1, and handed Ken his only loss, with my Mirror TOS battle deck. I'm honored that he decided to run with it and congratulate him on the strong finish! :thumbsup:

He blew up 2, mine was one of them, I ALMOST recovered from it because my dilemmas were hitting really well against J, the was a game he won so I think it worked, their as well.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
J wrote in his tournament report for 1e that he uses the mission II wormhole and the stp and that his ship then is not stopped. Please explain.

The mission does not have the stop text however stp says "play as a wormhole interrupt" which means it is acting exactly as that - and the wormhole interrupt has been errata'd to have the moving ship stop.

What am I missing?

By kingmj4891 (Matthew King)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote:J wrote in his tournament report for 1e that he uses the mission II wormhole and the stp and that his ship then is not stopped. Please explain.

The mission does not have the stop text however stp says "play as a wormhole interrupt" which means it is acting exactly as that - and the wormhole interrupt has been errata'd to have the moving ship stop.

What am I missing?
It is not even legal to use the STP with the Wormhole missions
Glossary wrote:Built-in Wormhole: You may move in either
direction between your [Wmh] mission and
a non-[Wmh] mission where you play a
Wormhole interrupt. You may not move
between your opponent’s [Wmh] mission
and a non-[Wmh] mission. If your
opponent nullifies your Wormhole interrupt,
your ship does not move through the
wormhole and you do not flip the [Wmh]
mission. You may not discard a Space-Time
Portal as the Wormhole interrupt (it may be
discarded only as the second Wormhole
interrupt of a pair)

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Mogh, Son Of Worf wrote:only Mission II -> Mission II results in a no-stop scenario. Mission II -> Wormhole (or v.v.) stops, Mission II -> STP is not even legal as stated above.

that's what I thought. and the no work with stp is good to know for future reference.

By The Mad Vulcan (J)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
I got Ken's Damaged Enterprise and Justin's Relativity, but in the game with Richard he Kruged my ship and had way too many little ships to effect him by blowing one up (since once I had rebuilt, he was done with space and working on planet.

Very fun deck. :cheersR:

Sucks that I was playing STP wrong, and glad that was pointed out to me for the future. I don't think it would have made a difference, though, since after I hopped to the MQ in the game against Ken, I had to sit and build up fire power. If I had flown through both WH missions and then through Ken's bajoran wormhole, it would have taken two turns.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
The Traveler
The Mad Vulcan wrote:
Armus wrote:
I got Ken's Damaged Enterprise and Justin's Relativity, but in the game with Richard he Kruged my ship and had way too many little ships to effect him by blowing one up (since once I had rebuilt, he was done with space and working on planet.

Very fun deck. :cheersR:

Sucks that I was playing STP wrong, and glad that was pointed out to me for the future. I don't think it would have made a difference, though, since after I hopped to the MQ in the game against Ken, I had to sit and build up fire power. If I had flown through both WH missions and then through Ken's bajoran wormhole, it would have taken two turns.
yes it would have made no difference in your game, you could also have used the interrupt which you drew a turn later to get there actually going later might have helped you as you could have had more resources like possibly a VIP.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]