By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I was driving home the other day, and I realized just how much the Santa Barbara regional mirrors the 24th century.

[TNG] Chris Donati: The honorable, yet challenging presence. He will beat you, but will do so with a purely better design and/or some fortuitous play. He's a champion, but not arrogant. Q warned that he's grown too quickly, too fast and isn't ready for the challenges that await. Was he right?

[DS9] Joel Bray: The other side of the Federation, though more weary and war-torn than his predecessor. In times of peace you can't tell the difference. But if games start to move in that direction, he'll accomplish the goal by any means necessary. Is he ready to move journey into that next quadrant?

[Rom] Thomas Kamiura: Is there anyone more adept at manipulating the game? He has perhaps been the cause of the most errata/meta design in the CC era but by outsiders viewed as a local legend without ever claiming gold. Can he claim another regional championship? Or is it all just posturing on his behalf?

[Kli] Nate Wineinger: At constant Civil War as his time to play is largely dictated by internal matters. Nevertheless, when faced his is a significant menace. Whether it be through honor or treacherous designs, he is always a force to be reckoned with. Will he return glory to the Empire? Or is his bark sharper than his bat'leth at this point?
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
I would just like to point out a few things.

1) The errata-ing comes from Charlie playing me, then shaking his head. I know that when his head shakes, the bullet is only a month away.

2) The meta game has shifted against me in a few regions. Ive never seen more anti battle, anti weenie, anti mega team hate than I have recently. I just pre-reg'd for the NorCal 2E Regional. We'll see what people bring. If I win it, itll be my third 2E regional win this year.

3) Im now a "local legend" in two metas arguably three.

4) Santa Barbara will present my strongest field of competitors which will include two Continental Champs. John Corbett promised me he would get my name tramp stamped on himself if I won. We'll see.

Nice run down. Keep selling it Nate. Im glad someone is promoting the event since the TD isnt.

TK
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
My predictions:

Donati: [TNG] or [Car]
Joel: [Baj] or [Dom]
Wineinger: [Rom] or [Kli]
Me: [Fer] or [NA]

TK