Discuss our Excelsior tournament format, storyline events, and anything else related to this experimental new tournament style

Who has the edge?

The Next Generation
25%
Klingons
42%
Romulans
33%

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I like Blue. I think they have the strongest verb in Common Ground to pair with Barclay and Data. They also have a good spread of mission skills, so they might be good with a limited mission set.

I think Red is going to be the popular choice. They have a lot of cheap characters with high strength and perhaps the best non-unique ship.

The Moral/Disc/Weight trio hurts Green the most. I expect those will be popular. Their ship range hurts since going planet first seems obvious... probably depends on how solvable Remus is. The stooges are going to be their strongest personnel, and that strength depends on how many events they can use.

Yellow actually might not be too bad if Moral/Disc/Weight is rampant. I'm not sure if there will be enough missions for them to make it viable though.

Blue ~ Red > Green > Yellow

By Naetor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I was playing around last night with the card list. And I got to say this is the first time in the last 5 years I've been excited about deck building. I don't know if it'll last forever, but for now :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Naetor wrote:I was playing around last night with the card list. And I got to say this is the first time in the last 5 years I've been excited about deck building. I don't know if it'll last forever, but for now :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I know right!? It's amazing how simple it is to put something together when you're only considering 450 cards. And really cool what different abilities become strong when the competition is out of the card pool.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Fritzinger wrote:I know right!? It's amazing how simple it is to put something together when you're only considering 450 cards. And really cool what different abilities become strong when the competition is out of the card pool.
The playtest cardpools were chiefly designed by Richard New (The Guardian), and he deserves the lion's share of credit in creating the template from which to work in balancing the limited pools we'll be using for Excelsior. :cheersL:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I'm a little surprised Androids are a thing in this format. I didn't think micro-teaming was something that was to be encouraged...

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Armus wrote:I'm a little surprised Androids are a thing in this format. I didn't think micro-teaming was something that was to be encouraged...
The inclusions of Alpha 5 Approach and Skeleton Crew are intended to curtail that strategy.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]