Discuss our Excelsior tournament format, storyline events, and anything else related to this experimental new tournament style
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
Klingons out is about the best result possible from my selfish point of view ... love the Romulans, don't want the Feds to get written out. What would we do without star power?

The arc feels a bit short for a whole affiliation to be wiped out though, what if they only went out after 6 months instead?

Also is there going to be a long turnaround time with Act 2 polls? Would love to get scheduling act 2 events asap.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Yeah, how about leaving Klingons in, and adding one of the two new Affiliations now, and then dropping the lowest and adding the second new affiliation in three months? Then next cycle, add another affiliation at three months, then add and drop at six months. That gets you to your five affiliation cycle while guaranteeing each affiliation six months in the barrel (you can exempt midterm affiliations from elimination to balance).

Or maybe not, this could get complicated.

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Armus wrote:Yeah, how about leaving Klingons in, and adding one of the two new Affiliations now, and then dropping the lowest and adding the second new affiliation in three months? Then next cycle, add another affiliation at three months, then add and drop at six months. That gets you to your five affiliation cycle while guaranteeing each affiliation six months in the barrel (you can exempt midterm affiliations from elimination to balance).
Thanks for the suggestion! We will be re-examining the architecture of the rotation as we get to the end of the cycle this year, and we'll add this to the feedback we consider.

(FWIW, my original pitch for Season 1 included three rotations with 2-month Acts and one month inbetween each. It was felt that three rotations per year would be too many, and we settled on two instead.)
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]