Discuss our Excelsior tournament format, storyline events, and anything else related to this experimental new tournament style
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
KillerB wrote: Just hand them an Excelsior deck and play. Don't throw them a report to read.
I already did that. This is the next step. But I admit it's a bit niche. I was inspired by two categories of player:

1) inexperienced regulars who almost broke up with trek last year after they spent game after game doing nothing but smashing weenies into bouncing dilemmas. I wanted them to see the possibilities in the game beyond the artificial environment of just trying my simple solvers.

2) experienced CCG players who are interested after a game or two but want to know that there's a bigger picture. I'm thinking of one guy in particular who asked, but I wish I'd had this material after demos to similar people back in the day.
First Edition Art Manager
By jjh (Johnny Holeva)
 - First Edition Art Manager
 -  
Terrific post.

I too would like to see this on the front page as an article.

If Excelsior is going to be a Thing, articles like this should be linked in a central Excelsior Hub, along with the terrific articles that have already been published, card pool, deck lists, etc.

By Maelwys (Chris Lobban)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Community Contributor
jjh wrote:Terrific post.

I too would like to see this on the front page as an article.

If Excelsior is going to be a Thing, articles like this should be linked in a central Excelsior Hub, along with the terrific articles that have already been published, card pool, deck lists, etc.
That sounds a little like you might've just volunteered to email me an Excelsior banner, and Article category icon... and any other web graphics you can think of that might come in useful. ;-)
Ambassador
By bosskamiura (Thomas Kamiura)
 - Ambassador
 -  
Community Contributor
Why doesnt Hall Of Fame have its own web section or message board section? I thought the CC was backing that too.

TK

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
CaptMDKirk wrote:
jjh wrote:Glad to help. I'll work up some graphics over the weekend.
Sweet new title card on the front page! Thanks Johnny!
Agreed!

Second Edition Playtest Manager
By Faithful Reader (Ross Fertel)
 - Second Edition Playtest Manager
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
nobthehobbit wrote:
CaptMDKirk wrote:
jjh wrote:Glad to help. I'll work up some graphics over the weekend.
Sweet new title card on the front page! Thanks Johnny!
Agreed!

Fuck yeah!
KillerB wrote:Beginner's Guide to 2E strategy via HoF:

1. Show up

2. Don't be an asshole
Good life advice.

By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
KillerB wrote:
monty42 wrote:Oh you gotta be shittin' me. Is this available as an audio book?
I mean great job for Fritz for putting the work in. Strategy Guides are for complicated video games, not 2E formats. Hopefully it does what he wants, and not overwhelm any of his potential new players.

Just hand them an Excelsior deck and play. Don't throw them a report to read.
Actually, unfortunately it did exactly that.

I was looking for something explaining this Excelsior format in general. I haven't found that.
I am not looking for any details, just a short intro to know that it is about in general. (A new format? A rotation format? A kind of event-type format?)

All I know so far is that there is something new and that there is a new forum that contains literally dozens and dozens of pages.
All I wanted was to know what this is about and I am rather discouraged to go through all of the posts for just that.
Question for noob

To his location (but anywhere at that location - p[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]