Discuss our Excelsior tournament format, storyline events, and anything else related to this experimental new tournament style

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Hey folks! Just wanted to announce that any Regionals using the Act II cardpool will be eligible for double points! Same rules apply as Act I: decklists need to be attached, decks must qualify for the corresponding HQ achievement (more than 50% affiliated), and the best tournament reports can score extra VPs based on the community poll!

We've got some fun ideas for Act II already, and we're using Act I feedback and tournament results to create the best Act II cardpool and revised format rules. If you've got any ideas on how we can really knock Act II out of the ballpark, let us know! Be on the lookout next week for more Act II info!

By CaptMDKirk (Matt Kirk)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Architect
Fritzinger wrote:Hey Matt, can we get some spoilers soon of what the next act will look like? I'm organising some last ditch casual games on Wednesday for Act 1 but it would to good to have some tidbits for conversation.
Since you asked, here are some Act II spoilery tidbits:

•The Act II cardpool will be expanded to from 500 to approximately 600 cards.

Cardassians will be entering the card pool, along with another major power to fill the void left by the Klingons.

•We will test an additional VP reward for using lesser-played missions; if players like the change after the first month, we'll make it a part of the rules sheet.

•There will be less Non-Aligned support; the four HQs will have a larger selection of affiliated personnel as a result.

•Cards that went unused in Act I will be cut for the most part (there were about 60 cards overall that were not included in attached decklists for Act I). In addition, some of the most popular cards will rotate out to shake up the status quo.

•Different personae should be expected for major characters/ships, with respect to the storyline's progression.

Any particular questions about Act II that you'd like to ask? :cheersL:
Ambassador
 - Ambassador
 -  
CaptMDKirk wrote: •Cards that went unused in Act I will be cut for the most part (there were about 60 cards overall that were not included in attached decklists for Act I). In addition, some of the most popular cards will rotate out to shake up the status quo.
I'm personally hoping that either there are some ways to place damage markers (seems unlikely some klingons are out) or that resilience is cut... It served no purpose in the format.
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]