By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Last card I found that downloads a non-personnel,ship,etc, and that provides a location is P'Jem Sanctuary. But in this case it depends on how you parse the sentence:

"download (The Secret of P'Jem and/or a V'Shar personnel) here"
or
"download (The Secret of P'Jem) and/or (a V'Shar personnel here)"

(I don't know if this is super obvious to a native English speaker, but it's ambiguous to me...)

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i expected 1 reply to this post simply saying "no, dumbass." LOL

Fascinated by the discussion...... still not sure what the answer is. had some objectives in a deck with taking charge and some [MQ] and was looking at this card and thinking "hey, instead of blowing a card play or seed slot for plenty of captains, can i just use taking charge to grab this too??????"
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Takket wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:55 pm i expected 1 reply to this post simply saying "no, dumbass." LOL
I could post a picture of Red Foreman if it would make you feel better.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:05 pmI could post a picture of Red Foreman if it would make you feel better.
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
Takket wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:55 pm i expected 1 reply to this post simply saying "no, dumbass." LOL
Ok: No, dumbass (Three smilies with tongue out - Smilies are still not working...)

I would solve this with the card itself. As it is worded I read it that you can only perform the Action of placing it onto the mission (this performing an Action is another argument why it wouldn't work IMO) while this card is on table. So unless the card is on table you cannot place it on a mission and therefore it cannot be downloaded by Taking Charge...
Last edited by Clerasil ToB on Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The people who know rules would not likely do that. It's all too easy to throw out a "no, dumbass" only to have someone pull some obscure glossary entry out and prove you wrong.

Then it's....

DOUBLE DUMBASS ON YOU!!!

:D

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
patrick wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:47 pm Automated Repair Station and Host Metaphasic Shielding Test are worded similarly. It wouldn't make much sense to download Metaphasic Shields without a ship, though.
Well, you can't solve Host Metaphasic Shielding Test without a ship, so unfortunately, this example resolves itself.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:52 pm
The people who know rules would not likely do that. It's all too easy to throw out a "no, dumbass" only to have someone pull some obscure glossary entry out and prove you wrong.

Then it's....

DOUBLE DUMBASS ON YOU!!!

:D
I am suddenly very disappointed there is no card with this title lol

I think the "can't download ASPTH" ruling is correct so I'll assume so unless anyone ever rules otherwise.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to my homie @MrVorlon !

Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]