By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So, I was pond

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So I was pondering the Characteristics section and noticed in the last paragraph
Lore on a personnel card saying that they "captained" a ship gives them the characteristic of Captain.
that Lore directs to The Lore. Bad guy and data brother.

Is this sneaky silliness or a miscued reference?

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I suspect someone ran a script on the Glossary at one point that linked cards that it found the name of, but sometimes it went awry. Punctuation, like apostrophes etc., seem to break it. I found a bunch of these when I was going through the glossary entry by entry, I should get back to that...
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
VioletBlaze wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:39 pm I suspect someone ran a script on the Glossary at one point that linked cards that it found the name of, but sometimes it went awry. Punctuation, like apostrophes etc., seem to break it. I found a bunch of these when I was going through the glossary entry by entry, I should get back to that...
It me.

I ran a script when I moved the Glossary to HTML. The old Glossary had no links, just bold text, so I used card titles (case-sensitive) as a baseline and let 'er rip. This mostly worked, but sneaky cases like this one (where "lore" happens to be capitalized because it's the start of the sentence) tended to foul it up. There must still be dozens of these flukes hidden in the byways of the Glossary, and I basically fix them when they are brought to my attention. (I don't have time to go through comprehensively.)

I did enjoy that entry-by-entry thread! Got some good fixes out of it.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]