Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
There are these pairs of missions / time locations and they are listed as Opposite. But the locations don't match completely. Are they to be treated to match?

Study Badlands and Evade Patrolling Squadron
Plasma storms
Plasma Storms

Vintaak Disappearance Site and Examine Disappearance Site
Spatial Interphase
Spatial interphase

Vintaak Drydock Station and Observe Spatial Coordinates
Spatial Interphase
Spatial interphase

Personna:
Divert Attention and Verify Evidence
Rendezvous Point
Rendezvous point

Break Prisoner and Search and Rescue
Class-M planetoid
Class-M Planetoid

Study Interment Site and 2E BC Investigate Unknown Element
Ringed planet
Ringed Planet

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I would really assume them being the same; since that is the point, right? Different capitalization may even have been on purpose. But I have never heard/read anything about it -- and thnking about it further, I really can't think of reason.

Funny detail:
Investigate Unknown Element; card image says D-Class World, but database text says Ringed World, indeed. Is this a mistake?

Wait -- the (2e) link now gives D-Class World also in the database text. Checking... Yes, the above link to 2e is OK, but the link that you used -- 2E BC Investigate Unknown Element -- has the difference. But I think that was intentional perhaps, the card text being errata'd for compatibility?
Kathryn Janeway wrote:Backwards compatibility always gives me a headache.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Nothing says capitalization counts for this, and it would, in context, be extremely unintuitive if it did, so I'm going to agree that capitalization does not count for this.

(That said, it's not entirely consistent with how named-in-lore references work -- which are all about the capitalization -- so this is something we'll need to start taking more care to get right in Rules/Art so it isn't an issue.)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Nothing says capitalization counts for this, and it would, in context, be extremely unintuitive if it did, so I'm going to agree that capitalization does not count for this.

(That said, it's not entirely consistent with how named-in-lore references work -- which are all about the capitalization -- so this is something we'll need to start taking more care to get right in Rules/Art so it isn't an issue.)
Honestly as I said the answer was right there on the page for the cards. I don't see no reason to change anything at all. Anytime something has been made so easy I don't want it to change so good job design team.

It is just like I didn't know who exactly played on finest in the fleet. There was a link on the card page showing all 40+ people. Technology is great.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:Nothing says capitalization counts for this, and it would, in context, be extremely unintuitive if it did, so I'm going to agree that capitalization does not count for this.

(That said, it's not entirely consistent with how named-in-lore references work (...)
Honestly as I said the answer was right there on the page for the cards. I don't see no reason to change anything at all. Anytime something has been made so easy I don't want it to change so good job design team.
I think most people know how to use those cross-references, and that they're there. The point Wowbagger addresses is, I think, that the cards should be as consistent as possible. Also -- aside from the card texts, the Glossy and Rulebook and CRD should govern the rules -- not this website's functionality. In a dispute, I think the database is not a valid resource? So if somebody would make a case like, "That card is not a persona of that one -- the caps are wrong," it might be hard to use the site as proof?
At least, I've never heard the site mentioned as a valid rules depository.
Discovery suxs wrote:It is just like I didn't know who exactly played on finest in the fleet. There was a link on the card page showing all 40+ people. Technology is great.
In the case of this site -- I fully agree. :thumbsup: But sometimes, when one watches some Black Mirror episodes... :shifty:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
It does bring up a good question though. Since break prisoner and search and rescue are the same place. Do you have to choose one for your deck only? I don't think you can have both vulcan missions out for example. Of course one of the Vulcans is not a homeworld so I could be wrong there.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Discovery suxs wrote:It does bring up a good question though. Since break prisoner and search and rescue are the same place. Do you have to choose one for your deck only? I don't think you can have both vulcan missions out for example. Of course one of the Vulcans is not a homeworld so I could be wrong there.
Correct you can only have one in your deck.

Remember that unless a card has a ❖ , it's unique, so in that way missions are like personnel and ships.

But before you get too cute with it, remember that the person's swapping rule only applies to personnel and ships. :wink:
Last edited by Armus on Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:But before you get too cute with it, remember that the person's swapping rule only applies to personnel and ships. :wink:
Haha! 1e humour! :D
The Joker wrote:This mission doesn't have the requirements I like today. Imma swap it for its other persona!
(For anti-confusion purposes: that is NOT an option!)
Deck Design Strategy

I agree with @stressedoutatumc . The way I like[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]

The deck qualifies, but the tournament currently[…]

Yes your 5-three cost and 1-five cost were r[…]