By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
When a card like Koon-ut-kal-if-fee forces your own personnel to battle, and a hand weapon is present, who gets the STRENGTH bonus? Both of them?

What if one of those people can't normally use the weapon?

Example: I'm playing a [Fed] [Rom] treaty deck. I have a Romulan disruptor present. Data is the only Federation personnel there and is chosen to participate in the battle. Normally he can use the disruptor as long as there are Romulans in his away team to enable its use. Is he still part of the away even though he has been "paired off" by himself to battle?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I believe they're all part of the same away team, so they're all present with the people who "turn on" the guns, so they all get the STRENGTH bonus, regardless of affiliation.

I think it's the same for Arbiter, Gorn Encounter, etc.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:I believe they're all part of the same away team
That makes sense, since on same planet and of same player. The AT is not split up -- so, still present.
BCSWowbagger wrote:they're all present with the people who "turn on" the guns, so they all get the STRENGTH bonus, regardless of affiliation.
Does that mean that, with Kazon collective, Stadi may use a Kazon disruptor rifle as long as any Kazon is around to translate the manual for her? :o I had read about this before, but had totally forgotten it. We always assumed that "use only" means other affiliations do not benefit from it.

When was this clarified, and/or how can I look this up (preferably in the Decipher-era glossy that my play group use)?

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
Regarding another aspect of the dilemma- because this is personal battle, I’m assuming those involved are stopped after the battle - but what about everyone else present?

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
Jono wrote:Regarding another aspect of the dilemma- because this is personal battle, I’m assuming those involved are stopped after the battle - but what about everyone else present?
They should be stopped, yes.
As for the rest, not stopped is how i played/ ruled it. It specifically calls out one (or two, with Let Me Help) guy to fight someone else, could not find any justification to extend it to the whole away team.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jono wrote:Regarding another aspect of the dilemma- because this is personal battle, I’m assuming those involved are stopped after the battle - but what about everyone else present?
Well, the bystanders didn't "participate". (The combatants were not "split off", but were indeed separated where the battle was concerned.) So others are not stopped. :twocents:
All the above -- "allowing" weapons for both, bystanders, combatants stopped -- even makes EpisodeSense. :)
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Yes, I believe only battle participants are stopped.
SudenKapala wrote:When was this clarified, and/or how can I look this up (preferably in the Decipher-era glossy that my play group use)?
In the final Decipher Glossary, it's under equipment, paragraph 5. I believe it's still there today.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Yes, I believe only battle participants are stopped.
SudenKapala wrote:When was this clarified, and/or how can I look this up (preferably in the Decipher-era glossy that my play group use)?
In the final Decipher Glossary, it's under equipment, paragraph 5. I believe it's still there today.
1138! :thumbsup:

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]