By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Not sure the official answer, but my first instinct is no as TMW does not remove the affiliation of the TMW'd character it just prevents house arrest. Just because you have a Treaty:Federation/Cardassian doesn't mean Miles O'Brien will work with them.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:Not sure the official answer, but my first instinct is no as TMW does not remove the affiliation of the TMW'd character it just prevents house arrest. Just because you have a Treaty:Federation/Cardassian doesn't mean Miles O'Brien will work with them.
You can use TMW to get an affiliated person to work with NA folks with War Council. TMW overrides affiliation based restrictions, which War Council's restriction is.

You're also correct that other, non-affiliation based restrictions still apply.

So you could TMW in Fajo Miles O'Brien and he could work with, say, Baran, Vekor, and even Galen, but could NOT work with Ocett or Madred

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Fantastic. Thanks for the replies.

My Biermeister deck for Worlds is officially a go (I think)

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Armus wrote:
Professor Scott wrote:Not sure the official answer, but my first instinct is no as TMW does not remove the affiliation of the TMW'd character it just prevents house arrest. Just because you have a Treaty:Federation/Cardassian doesn't mean Miles O'Brien will work with them.
You can use TMW to get an affiliated person to work with NA folks with War Council. TMW overrides affiliation based restrictions, which War Council's restriction is.
I stand corrected, thanks!

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Miles O'Brien's restriction is NOT overcome for it's not affiliation-based.

The rules say that affiliation-based incompatibilities can be overridden by TMW and the like. Such as Lore can be TMW'd to work with Team Blue.

But Miles just says 'Cardassians' which is both an affiliation and a species - so a TMW can't override it.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
jrch5618 wrote:Miles O'Brien's restriction is NOT overcome for it's not affiliation-based.

The rules say that affiliation-based incompatibilities can be overridden by TMW and the like. Such as Lore can be TMW'd to work with Team Blue.

But Miles just says 'Cardassians' which is both an affiliation and a species - so a TMW can't override it.
Yeah I'm pretty sure we covered that.
Deck Design Strategy

And something else ... In Mtg, we always used to […]

Another achievement cycle, another no-update of ne[…]

I know that, when this was ruled, it was intended[…]

I get the FL 100-0....game over in 10 minutes due […]