First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
When you have a BBSD, all damage comes out of that deck.

But, while damage is one thing that can cause ship destruction, other things can cause ship destruction without ever mentioning damage -- such as V'Ger and The Nexus. Since they don't involved damage, no damage markers are drawn. It's immediately destroyed: just discard the ship and all cards aboard.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:When you have a BBSD, all damage comes out of that deck.

But, while damage is one thing that can cause ship destruction, other things can cause ship destruction without ever mentioning damage -- such as V'Ger and The Nexus. Since they don't involved damage, no damage markers are drawn. It's immediately destroyed: just discard the ship and all cards aboard.
Follow up: since auto destruct damages other ships present, whose BBSD does the damage come out of for MY ADS that is damaging MY ships? I would assume if my opponent’s ship is damaged that comes out of MY BBSD.

I was wondering if I could use ADS in a shuttlecraft deck to intentionally damage a bunch of my own shuttles to drain my opponent’s BBSD so they can’t damage me anymore (thinking of those 4 card BBSDs)
 -  
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:Follow up: since auto destruct damages other ships present, whose BBSD does the damage come out of for MY ADS that is damaging MY ships?

It turns out that it doesn't matter whose card is causing the damage; it only matters whose card is getting damaged. If your opponent's ship is being damaged (by any source), the damage always comes from you. And vice versa.

Sorry this doesn't quite work!
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Takket wrote:Follow up: since auto destruct damages other ships present, whose BBSD does the damage come out of for MY ADS that is damaging MY ships?

It turns out that it doesn't matter whose card is causing the damage; it only matters whose card is getting damaged. If your opponent's ship is being damaged (by any source), the damage always comes from you. And vice versa.

Then it does work if you ADS your own ship to damage your own ships
 -  
Community Contributor
pfti wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:

Then it does work if you ADS your own ship to damage your own ships
Oh, I misread what he was trying to do. I thought he was trying to drain opponent's BBSD by damaging opponent's shuttles, which would not work.

You're right! Sorry! Have at it!
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]