By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
No, the opposite -- just as you'd prolly expect.

If the player encountering the dilemma has resources that can foil the attempt (e.g., SECURITY, ...) nothing happens; or, if no assassin is there to make the attempt, nothing happens either. (So -- only if you played all your assassins elsewhere, and/or really need them for something else, you'll let the dilemma go dud.)

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
I love using this and DLing Leck. If I don't random kill whom I want, then Leck does it for me.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote:I love using this and DLing Leck. If I don't random kill whom I want, then Leck does it for me.
You are a bad, bad person. 8)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
SudenKapala wrote:
Professor Scott wrote:I love using this and DLing Leck. If I don't random kill whom I want, then Leck does it for me.
The best part is it doesn't require but 1 seed and 1 Tent slot and is affiliation independent. I don't think [Bor] players can use it though, but I am not sure.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:
The best part is it doesn't require but 1 seed and 1 Tent slot and is affiliation independent. I don't think [Bor] players can use it though, but I am not sure.
Oh you sweet summer child... you have no idea the level of shenanigans that can be done with this card. Leck is only the beginning...

:shifty:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Armus wrote:
Oh you sweet summer child... you have no idea the level of shenanigans that can be done with this card. Leck is only the beginning...

:shifty:
Do tell!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Leck is just awesome. I thought about using him for this awhile now. I use him for the interrupt, event, Fengri infestion dilemma. I just love Fengri in this game. They got best headquarters and most flavorful to me too.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:
Leck is just awesome. I thought about using him for this awhile now. I use him for the interrupt, event, Fengri infestion dilemma. I just love Fengri in this game. They got best headquarters and most flavorful to me too.
Admittedly -- I do like many more of the afdiliations; but I also really have a soft spot for the Ferengi. (In the game, that is. Real life Ferengi are despicable to me.)

Anxious to hear more about possible "she-Leck-nigans".

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
With Leck specifically, you could follow up after he kills somebody with a Protection Racket to likely add another kill to his murder count.

Alternatively (or supplementarily), you could plan ahead and put Quite a Coincidence on an opponent's personnel, and then use Leck to get both the kill and ten points.

Also, if you want to seed multiple Assassination Attempts, there are a number of assassins who can download Assassination Plot, which can even interrupt the mission attempt to score yourself a kill of a personnel with an important dilemma of mission-busting skill.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Not_always_but_often wrote:With Leck specifically, you could follow up after he kills somebody with a Protection Racket to likely add another kill to his murder count.

Alternatively (or supplementarily), you could plan ahead and put Quite a Coincidence on an opponent's personnel, and then use Leck to get both the kill and ten points.

Also, if you want to seed multiple Assassination Attempts, there are a number of assassins who can download Assassination Plot, which can even interrupt the mission attempt to score yourself a kill of a personnel with an important dilemma of mission-busting skill.
The assassination plot assassins are a good way to guarantee a kill from the dilemma, if they have one of the requirements so the second part isn't going to trigger just use the special download, though ideally you get to do both obviously.
2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !