By leonardmccoy (Peter Hill)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
2E Australian Continental Quarter-Finalist 2019
Hello all,

Just wondering if I seed a Q-UALITY TIME & download a Q FLASH can I seed another Q FLASH after Q-UALITY TIME or does this break the one dilemma rule under each mission as the Q FLASH "seeds like a dilemma".

As the Q Flash is a Doorway it can be downloaded from play deck or Q TENT and not from Dyson Sphere?

Thanks in advance, just trying to build an annoying deck with Q FLASHES, Dyson Sphere & Tribbles tricks.
Bones

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi Leonard,

Please use the tag "card1" around correct (and even partial, but then preferably unique) card titles to create links, so people can quickly look up your question cards. (See examples below.) :) :thumbsup: :wink:
People might answer more quickly then! :thumbsup:
leonardmccoy wrote:Just wondering if I seed a Q-UALITY TIME & download a Q FLASH can I seed another Q-FLASH after Q-UALITY TIME or does this break the one dilemma rule under each mission as the Q FLASH "seeds like a dilemma".
The latter is correct. You could use Beware Of Q though, to replace something with a Flash "above the mission", because it's not seeded then. Actually -- not sure if it would be smart if there was one seeded... could be that even encountering a same card title twice, will invalidate it... we'll have to look that up, or wait for the next replier to answer that. :D

In any case, I think the "glossy" (Glossary) explains clearly how the above works for cards from the Q-continuum side deck, when BOQ is also used.

But beware: BOQ only lets you DL from hand or Tent -- not Dyson Sphere.
As the Q Flash is a Doorway it can be downloaded from play deck or Q TENT and not from Dyson Sphere Door?
That seems to be correct. :thumbsup:
Thanks in advance, just trying to build an annoying deck with Q FLASHES, Dyson Sphere & Tribbles tricks.
Good luck!
Hope to see more of you here. You've been around ages, but quietly! :D Or have you returned from being away from the game?
Edit: I see from your tourney attendance that you're an active veteran! :wink: :thumbsup: Glad to make your acquaintance, sir.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
SudenKapala wrote:Hi Leonard,

Please use the tag "card1" around correct (and even partial, but then preferably unique) card titles to create links, so people can quickly look up your question cards. (See examples below.) :) :thumbsup: :wink:
People might answer more quickly then! :thumbsup:
leonardmccoy wrote:Just wondering if I seed a Q-UALITY TIME & download a Q FLASH can I seed another Q-FLASH after Q-UALITY TIME or does this break the one dilemma rule under each mission as the Q FLASH "seeds like a dilemma".
The latter is correct. You could use Beware Of Q though, to replace something with a Flash "above the mission", because it's not seeded then. Actually -- not sure if it would be smart if there was one seeded... could be that even encountering a same card title twice, will invalidate it... we'll have to look that up, or wait for the next replier to answer that. :D

In any case, I think the "glossy" (Glossary) explains clearly how the above works for cards from the Q-continuum side deck, when BOQ is also used.

But beware: BOQ only lets you DL from hand or Tent -- not Dyson Sphere.
As the Q Flash is a Doorway it can be downloaded from play deck or Q TENT and not from Dyson Sphere Door?
That seems to be correct. :thumbsup:
Good luck!
Hope to see more of you here. You've been around ages, but quietly! :D Or have you returned from being away from the game?
Edit: I see from your tourney attendance that you're an active veteran! :wink: :thumbsup: Glad to make your acquaintance, sir.
Hello police man SudenKapala

Plus it would be alot easier if you give directions if you want someone to do something for you.

Press the card1 button at the top by the topic name. If you know the exact name of the card it will link it for you. All you got to do is hit card1 then put the name inbetween the card1s. If you don't know the exact name just copy the card name.

However this is not fool proof as it only works 90% of the time. If you link quark it is better to link to the exact version than card1 button since card1 will bring up a list. 1% of the time card1 just does not work for some reason.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Discovery suxs wrote:Hello police man SudenKapala
I didn't mean this to be policing... at all. I wanted to help a fellow poster to get his questions being answered quicker. Primarily. (It does hep me, too -- you're right. :wink: )

I feel that I've worded my post accordingly -- meaning I didn't think I came across as curt or anything like that. I wanted it to be a suggestion.

If I sounded differently than that, I apologize to OP. :) And to you, if you so desire. :P

Also -- because Leonard has been around for a decade, I figured he knew -- or could figure out easily -- how the buttons work, with the info I gave; but that may have been a misjudgment.

Thanks for helping out, there. :thumbsup:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
leonardmccoy wrote:Thank you for the quick reply.
YW! :cheersL:
Another question [...] I thought all Dilemma downloads had to come from a Dyson Sphere ("Dilemmas you download MUST come from here) not Q's Tent?
Yes, if you've Dyson Sphere Door open, its game text says you cannot DL dilemmas from elsewhere. But if you don't seed it, that game text is not on table for you, so they can come from elsewhere. And as far as I've seen, no Dyson Door in that deck...?
(But I sometimes overlook stuff. 8) I did Ctrl-F, though. Am I missing something now? :D )
Last edited by SudenKapala on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Discovery suxs wrote:Hello police man SudenKapala
UNOFFICIAL MOD NOTICE

Sudan is the law. He is also my boy. He will Dutch you up.

Have a suplex for your troubles...
Attachments:
hqdefault.jpg
hqdefault.jpg (31.39 KiB) Viewed 1257 times

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
LOL, Sexecutioner, thanks for showing off either your racket skills OR one of your hidden talents characteristics :P :wink:

Now, down, boy! You take your duties too seriously and you like suplexing people too much!! :lol: I'll pay you in the Q's Tent we persona-swapped... No, wait, I won't. :shifty:

@Leonard, please don't be put off by the violently-friendly off-topic banter, and keep asking/discussing your rules questions. Do you have everything you need for your deck?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor

Another question arise from 1E worlds deck winner https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=21296.

I thought all Dilemma downloads had to come from a Dyson Sphere ("Dilemmas you download MUST come from here) not Q's Tent?

Seems I'm missing something here!

Thanks again,
Boneds
If you seed a Dyson Sphere Door, then Dyson Sphere Door's gametext does indeed say that, and, for the rest of that game, Dilemmas you download MUST come from the Dyson Sphere.

But if you don't seed a Dyson Sphere Door (and our World Champion did not), that gametext isn't anywhere in the game, so there's no restriction, and you can download the dilemmas from any place you can normally stock them (your draw deck, Q's Tent, or Zalkonian Storage Capsule).

One of my favorite moves is to seed a single downloader dilemma and catch my opponents off-guard with it by downloading dilemmas from my Tent -- or even, in one memorable instance, from my draw deck!
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote:

Another question arise from 1E worlds deck winner https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=21296.

I thought all Dilemma downloads had to come from a Dyson Sphere ("Dilemmas you download MUST come from here) not Q's Tent?

Thanks again,
Boneds
If you seed a Dyson Sphere Door, then Dyson Sphere Door's gametext does indeed say that, and, for the rest of that game, Dilemmas you download MUST come from the Dyson Sphere.

But if you don't seed a Dyson Sphere Door (and our World Champion did not), that gametext isn't anywhere in the game, so there's no restriction, and you can download the dilemmas from any place you can normally stock them (your draw deck, Q's Tent, or Zalkonian Storage Capsule).

One of my favorite moves is to seed a single downloader dilemma and catch my opponents off-guard with it by downloading dilemmas from my Tent -- or even, in one memorable instance, from my draw deck!
My version of Lucas' DS9 Polyamory deck has several dilemmas in the Tent.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:My version of Lucas' DS9 Polyamory deck has several dilemmas in the Tent.
I'm glad and sad at the same time that my Borg never got to encounter them. Well... mostly sad. :(
:cheersL:
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
SudenKapala wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:My version of Lucas' DS9 Polyamory deck has several dilemmas in the Tent.
I'm glad and sad at the same time that my Borg never got to encounter them. Well... mostly sad. :(
I'm sorry I didn't get to finish out our game. Some time in the future! :cheersL: :cheersR:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:

Thanks again,
Boneds

Shore leave is nasty with let me help.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
jadziadax8 wrote:
SudenKapala wrote:
I'm sorry I didn't get to finish out our game. Some time in the future! :cheersL: :cheersR:
Latro finished your game, I think -- he won (or at least I had to concede -- I should look that up), while I was still hatching my collective... You deck worked "too fast" for me, at that moment... :cheersR: :cheersL:

Didn't we provide you with a full mission report? :? :thumbsdown:

By leonardmccoy (Peter Hill)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
1E Australian Continental Semi-Finalist 2019
2E Australian Continental Quarter-Finalist 2019
Thanks everyone for the feed back and guide to posting (I'm not here often as I rarely get the chance to look at 1E)

I'll bin the Dyson Sphere idea as I misinterpreted it's text and will do as I originally planned and hide them in my Tent or deck.

No problems with any comments.

LLAP,
Bones
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]