By mrpurple
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hey All, using the card "They Call Themselves The Marquis"

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?mod ... ardID=4510

The last line says that once each turn, one such unique personnel may do so for free [report].

Does this reporting for free only happen when reporting to the Liberty/Badlands/Demilitarized Zone Region? Or can you report one one unique-[Maq] personnel for free to say a federation outpost if that character is non-aligned?

Thanks for the help!

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
mrpurple wrote:Hey All, using the card "They Call Themselves The Marquis"

https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?mod ... ardID=4510

The last line says that once each turn, one such unique personnel may do so for free [report].

Does this reporting for free only happen when reporting to the Liberty/Badlands/Demilitarized Zone Region? Or can you report one one unique-[Maq] personnel for free to say a federation outpost if that character is non-aligned?

Thanks for the help!
The free report only applies to the locations the card refers to.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
mrpurple wrote:Another really stupid question. Does two [Stf] count as [Cmd] for staffing a ship? I thought that was a rule back when I played seriously in the 90s :D but I could be making that up.
No. A [Cmd] can always serve as a [Stf] for ship staffing though.

By mrpurple
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Just a follow-up question... Suppose I have an outpost at a badlands mission and They Call Themselves The Maquis out. Can a unique personal report right to that outpost or do they have report to the mission itself?

Again, thanks! Still learning and trying to make a deck containing Maquis, Son'a and [EE] crew starting Federation Flagship: Relaunched.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
mrpurple wrote:Just a follow-up question... Suppose I have an outpost at a badlands mission and They Call Themselves The Maquis out. Can a unique personal report right to that outpost or do they have report to the mission itself?
As worded I'd say they have to report to the mission. Which ain't no big, since if there's an outpost it's a beam away. ;)
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:In a meeting, but I think Allen is mistaken (though I made the identical mistake back when):

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=26830
Looks like you're right. Wording is slightly muddy IMO, but since it's trivial to move from the planet to a ship/facility at that location, I'm fine with it being shortcutted.
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Agreed on the wording. More interesting is the implication that TCTTM allows you to report aboard opponent's ships at DMZ/Badlands planets.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]