First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Re-reading the entry, I think the logical simplification of the house arrest rule comes from the fact that you can only have one "crew" somewhere, but multiple Away Teams (because only compatible personnel join into a single AT). So if your treaty gets nuked, you'd now have two ATs intruding that couldn't work together. (Which would make them easier to deal with, depending on the split).

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
AllenGould wrote:Re-reading the entry, I think the logical simplification of the house arrest rule comes from the fact that you can only have one "crew" somewhere, but multiple Away Teams (because only compatible personnel join into a single AT). So if your treaty gets nuked, you'd now have two ATs intruding that couldn't work together. (Which would make them easier to deal with, depending on the split).
Right, a compatible crew that is simply intruding does not automatically cause a house arrest situation on the opposing ship.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:
AllenGould wrote:Re-reading the entry, I think the logical simplification of the house arrest rule comes from the fact that you can only have one "crew" somewhere, but multiple Away Teams (because only compatible personnel join into a single AT). So if your treaty gets nuked, you'd now have two ATs intruding that couldn't work together. (Which would make them easier to deal with, depending on the split).
Right, a compatible crew that is simply intruding does not automatically cause a house arrest situation on the opposing ship.
Right - but that's also because my people on your ship aren't a crew, they're an away team. :)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Professor Scott wrote:
Right - but that's also because my people on your ship aren't a crew, they're an away team. :)
1E rules are so fun it is like the Bible and why there is so many different types of Christians.
South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]