By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Question...in an Open format of course...

If you clone the Whales, can they score multiple points now?

Thanks,
~D
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
nah. Worth points effects are continuous ( meaning, they are constantly happening), which triggers the cumulative rule: two copies of the same card cannot have the same effect on the same target at the same time.

The effect is points, the target is you, and the time is the entire time the whales are on Earth.

Good, creative, 1E thinking, though!

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:nah. Worth points effects are continuous ( meaning, they are constantly happening), which triggers the cumulative rule: two copies of the same card cannot have the same effect on the same target at the same time.

The effect is points, the target is you, and the time is the entire time the whales are on Earth.

Darn was thinking of having whales floating around the moon, both earths and having a whalepoolza
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
The Traveler
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Sounds like a whale of a good time, though.

Sent through Subspace from the Starship Enterprise

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
HoodieDM wrote:Can I build a Colony of multiple Aamin Marritzas and then blow them all up and score points multiple times then?

~D
No, Aamin is not ❖.
Last edited by Professor Scott on Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote:
HoodieDM wrote:Can I build a Colony of multiple Aamin Marritzas and then blow them all up and score points multiple times then?

~D
No, Aamin is not ❖.
Think the discussion is in an open format?
Last edited by Mogor on Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I would say that the Glossary in its ruling on "cumulative" that you cannot score points at multiple Colonys in one turn would also apply to cloned Aamins not being able to score points simultaneously as his skill is not cumulative.

I'm often wrong on rules matters though.
 -  
Community Contributor

~D
No, because they all die at the same time, and you can't score points off multiple copies of the same card at the same time.

(There may be ways around this, but they involve forcing valid responses to personnel death during the Colony-destruction resolution step. Please do not do this, because it will make everyone's brain hurt, and might not work anyway. (Link) )

P.S. It pleases me that the Chairman's job, under the Geppert Administration, involves a large amount of dropping into threads with puns. We should write that into the job description.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:

~D
No, because they all die at the same time, and you can't score points off multiple copies of the same card at the same time.

(There may be ways around this, but they involve forcing valid responses to personnel death during the Colony-destruction resolution step. Please do not do this, because it will make everyone's brain hurt, and might not work anyway. (Link) )
Also, any self-seeded (or opponent-seeded) kill-wall makes it trivial to march Aamins single-file into and score them separately. :D
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:Also, any self-seeded (or opponent-seeded) kill-wall makes it trivial to march Aamins single-file into and score them separately. :D
I just had the stupidest idea for a deck.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mogor wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:nah. Worth points effects are continuous ( meaning, they are constantly happening), which triggers the cumulative rule: two copies of the same card cannot have the same effect on the same target at the same time.

Darn was thinking of having whales floating around the moon, both earths and having a whalepoolza

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I was so thinking of making the Whalers on the Moon reference, but thought it was too obscure and nerdy even for this place. ;)

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:
AllenGould wrote:Also, any self-seeded (or opponent-seeded) kill-wall makes it trivial to march Aamins single-file into and score them separately. :D
I just had the stupidest idea for a deck.
So what you're saying is if I can find a way to kill them off one at a time, I'm good?

Easy enough...self seed Horta and every turn they're on the planet and not in the Colony...

~D

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]