By drsps
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hi,

a friend of mine and me have begun playing after like 20 years ob absence. So far we have managed quite good, but are struggling with details.

For example:
when I hit Dal'Rok on a homeworld that has a headquarter, which personnel are being targeted by that dilemma?

- Away teams on planet, attempting the mission?
- Personnel in the headquarter?
- Ships and people on it?
- Sites on a Nor (if present)?

We would appreciate the help. And i guess we will post further questions :)

Yours David

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
drsps wrote:Hi,

a friend of mine and me have begun playing after like 20 years ob absence. So far we have managed quite good, but are struggling with details.

For example:
when I hit Dal'Rok on a homeworld that has a headquarter, which personnel are being targeted by that dilemma?

We would appreciate the help. And i guess we will post further questions :)

Yours David
dal'rok is and always has been a weird card. from the glossary:

Dal’Rok –This dilemma is an exception to the rule that dilemmas affect only the personnel in the encountering crew or Away Team. Even at first encounter, all personnel at the location (including the opponent’s) must be checked for lowest total attributes. The total attributes>150 required to nullify the dilemma must be in one crew or Away Team. See ties.

By drsps
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Hi Takket,

thanks for the quick answer. We already read the glossary several times. That is why I posted the question here :)

Neither the glossary nor the rulebook explained how to rule this dilemma.

Yours David

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
drsps wrote:Hi Takket,

thanks for the quick answer. We already read the glossary several times. That is why I posted the question here :)

Neither the glossary nor the rulebook explained how to rule this dilemma.

Yours David
"at this location" means ANYWHERE at the mission. On the planet, in a facility, on a ship... anywhere. So you have to check EVERY person at that location.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Everyone hates Dal'Rok a little bit for just this reason. It's not the hardest dilemma to overcome, but it's the most time-consuming dilemma by a long shot.

"At this location" does indeed mean EVERYBODY, including ALL these people:

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
why is it time-consuming? you can nullify it quasi by flying by with the required stats.

also i think "at this location" is kinda pretty self-explanatory. one of the few things in 1e that is lol.

By Jono (Sean O'Reilly)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Pioneer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Ensign Q wrote:why is it time-consuming? you can nullify it quasi by flying by with the required stats.

also i think "at this location" is kinda pretty self-explanatory. one of the few things in 1e that is lol.
Just time consuming to add up the attributes because personnel in different away teams or crew don’t add to an overall total - just their individual group total

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Jono wrote:
Ensign Q wrote:why is it time-consuming? you can nullify it quasi by flying by with the required stats.

Just time consuming to add up the attributes because personnel in different away teams or crew don’t add to an overall total - just their individual group total
you need probalby 10 people max, more likely just 7. Dilemma is way too weak.

-  
Hello, it's a different David with a Dal'Rok question. Figured this would be an ok spot for it. The resolution guide is usually very specific, but in this case I am not seeing whether the Mission Attempt ends or not if you can't nullify Dal'Rok. I would think the whole point of it would be to hit a wall afterwards and maybe lose another card to it.
 -  
Community Contributor
Mission continues after encountering Dal'Rok, even if it is not nullifed.

It is a little odd the DRG doesn't say so! But Major Rakal did make the occasional mistake.

Welcome welcome welcome!

-  
Sweet! Thank you! Yes, that was my "first post". 8)

I'm sure I'll have more questions as I continue to try to make more rules and gameplay related videos.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:33 am Mission continues after encountering Dal'Rok, even if it is not nullifed.

It is a little odd the DRG doesn't say so! But Major Rakal did make the occasional mistake.

Welcome welcome welcome!
Good news: It does now!

Bad news: Because of the apostrophe in the name, after I edited the entry, it dropped the 'Rok. The card is just called "Dal" now and won't let me add the 'Rok back in. Maybe the web team can fix this.......
 -  
Community Contributor
Third person who has had an apostrophe problem with the rulings system this week! I should really do summat about it.

Fixed, though.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation