- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Printed number is either "2" or "two", right?

Let me help lets you download three dilemmas with Shore Leave, right?

Thanks for any help.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Caretaker's Guest wrote:Printed number is either "2" or "two", right?
Correct. 2 becomes 3, two becomes three, second becomes third, and [countdown:2] becomes [countdown:3].

The word "a" is not a number, so a requirement of "a male" does not become "two males." A requirement of "one male" becomes "two males." You didn't ask this, but it comes up routinely, including on Shore Leave.
Let me help lets you download three dilemmas with Shore Leave, right?
Yes. Shore Leave's text when affected by Let Me Help is effectively:

"To get past requires a male and a female OR Honor + INTEGRITY>51. Opponent may then download and seed here up to three of the following (except Combo dilemmas): Female's Love Interest, Male's Love Interest, Parallel Romance, or Wind Dancer."

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
edgeofhearing wrote:And, most importantly, the copyright date goes up a year.
:shifty:
 -  
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:
Yes, while Let Me Help is in play, cards are kept out of the public domain for 12 additional months.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Professor Scott wrote:
Yes, while Let Me Help is in play, cards are kept out of the public domain for 12 additional months.
Although it really messes up the set lists, what with cards suddenly sharing numbers.. :shifty:
 -  
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote:good thing, those dilemmas are not from movies to mess up the numbers.
KHAN: So he never told you how Admiral Kirk sent seventy of us into exile on this barren sand heap, with only the contents of these cargo bays to sustain us?

CHEKOV: You lie! On Ceti Alpha Five there was life, a fair chance!

KHAN: THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE!! Six months after we were left here, our opponent played Let Me Help. Because my beloved wife made our genetically-engineered survival a gender-related dilemma, the printed number changed us to Ceti Alpha Six, and everything was laid waste.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
BCSWowbagger wrote:KHAN: THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE!! Six months after we were left here, our opponent played Let Me Help. Because my beloved wife made our genetically-engineered survival a gender-related dilemma, the printed number changed us to Ceti Alpha Six, and everything was laid waste.
*Seven months

;)
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Boffo97 wrote:
BCSWowbagger wrote:KHAN: THIS IS CETI ALPHA FIVE!! Six months after we were left here, our opponent played Let Me Help. Because my beloved wife made our genetically-engineered survival a gender-related dilemma, the printed number changed us to Ceti Alpha Six, and everything was laid waste.
*Seven months

;)
I just love the way this thread works and cannot wait until Let Me Help breaks some property logo based card.
 -  
Community Contributor
pfti wrote:
Boffo97 wrote:
*Seven months

;)
I just love the way this thread works and cannot wait until Let Me Help breaks some property logo based card.
Question 1: Do Roman numerals count as "numbers" for Let Me Help?

Regardless, I think it's only a matter of time before someone accidentally kills Reshape The Quadrant by changing it to only work with Deep Space Ten.. ;)

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Fortunately for my sanity, after reading the actual card. I realized this is all just funny dream carding, as the actual card only applies to dilemmas
 -  
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote:Fortunately for my sanity, after reading the actual card. I realized this is all just funny dream carding, as the actual card only applies to dilemmas
True, but it just takes one card to bridge that gap. (Say, something that downloads a DS9 dilemma that has the Magic Words.)
Capturing Related

Maybe add the [Pun] icon to the proposed definitio[…]

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]