By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Actions that are once per game or once per turn like Defend Homeworld security downloads and support personnel downloads happen during the "execute orders" part of my turn, correct?" since they do not occur "at any time"?

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
If it says "once per game" or "once per turn" or anything similar, that's not saying when you can play it. It's only putting a cap on how many times you can do it. Depending on what other language gets used, the timing of it might be start or turn, or during battle, or anything else.

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:does once per turn, like on temporal conduit, mean once "each" turn or once "every" turn? Always thought this mean "each" as in only on my turn, but i can't find this in the glossary anywhere.....
As was stated previously, it depends on context. Let's look at Temporal Conduit as an example, which says:
Seeds on table. Your [1E-AU] cards may seed and play (one per turn). Twice each turn, you may place a card from hand beneath draw deck to relocate your Away Team or staffed ship from a time location to the corresponding spaceline location, or vice versa. Once per game, you may download Stone Knives and Bearskins OR Out of Time OR Temporal Investigations.
So the second sentence, "Your [1E-AU] cards may seed and play (one per turn)." allows for one [1E-AU] card to enter per turn. Since you may play cards on both your and your opponent's turn this functions similar to an every turn effect.

The third sentence, "Twice each turn, you may place a card from hand beneath draw deck to relocate your Away Team or staffed ship from a time location to the corresponding spaceline location, or vice versa." allows your ship to time travel. Since normally you could only move your ships on your turn, this would seem to function like an each turn effect, however if you do get the opportunity to move your ship on an opponent's turn, e.g. Alien Parasites, it could also function like an every turn effect.

Using the last sentence, "Once per game, you may download Stone Knives and Bearskins OR Out of Time OR Temporal Investigations.", is something you can only do on your turn since using the text of cards you have in play, which neither specify you may use them on your opponent's turn nor are a response to some other action, must be done in your execute orders phase. This would be similar to an each turn effect.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
9of24 wrote:
Takket wrote:does once per turn, like on temporal conduit, mean once "each" turn or once "every" turn? Always thought this mean "each" as in only on my turn, but i can't find this in the glossary anywhere.....
As was stated previously, it depends on context. Let's look at Temporal Conduit as an example, which says:
Seeds on table. Your [1E-AU] cards may seed and play (one per turn). Twice each turn, you may place a card from hand beneath draw deck to relocate your Away Team or staffed ship from a time location to the corresponding spaceline location, or vice versa. Once per game, you may download Stone Knives and Bearskins OR Out of Time OR Temporal Investigations.
So the second sentence, "Your [1E-AU] cards may seed and play (one per turn)." allows for one [1E-AU] card to enter per turn. Since you may play cards on both your and your opponent's turn this functions similar to an every turn effect.

The third sentence, "Twice each turn, you may place a card from hand beneath draw deck to relocate your Away Team or staffed ship from a time location to the corresponding spaceline location, or vice versa." allows your ship to time travel. Since normally you could only move your ships on your turn, this would seem to function like an each turn effect, however if you do get the opportunity to move your ship on an opponent's turn, e.g. Alien Parasites, it could also function like an every turn effect.

Using the last sentence, "Once per game, you may download Stone Knives and Bearskins OR Out of Time OR Temporal Investigations.", is something you can only do on your turn since using the text of cards you have in play, which neither specify you may use them on your opponent's turn nor are a response to some other action, must be done in your execute orders phase. This would be similar to an each turn effect.
So to be clear.... if I had out a doorway, like Space Time Portal, that only allows 1 AU card per turn, I could play Admiral Janeway on my turn, and then use her to DL Ablative Armor (AU Equipment) on my opponent's turn?

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Correct.
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

You can also click on the tournament results and t[…]

No, because the set was released yesterday, so the[…]

New Tribbles set Bad Moon

Why has no one confirmed the obvious. [Trob] […]