By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Assuming I have Data and all 3 card players for Holoprogram: Historical Poker Game at my holodeck: After I place the bottom card from my discard pile to the bottom of my draw deck, can I interrupt HPG in order to play Data, Keep Dealing to allow me to place this card on top of my draw deck as 1 of the 2, then finish resolving the card draws from HPG, and thus draw that card?
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote:I am not sure that Data dealing is a valid response to the Holoprogram
I don't think DKD is a valid response to anything (remember: a valid response must modify, cancel, nullify, or prevent the action it's responding to. Or be a [DL] .)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
AllenGould wrote:
Mogor wrote:I am not sure that Data dealing is a valid response to the Holoprogram
I don't think DKD is a valid response to anything (remember: a valid response must modify, cancel, nullify, or prevent the action it's responding to. Or be a [DL] .)
Ok fair point, Allen and Mogor. I guess that is why we have interrupts in this game and no instants. In MTG a Counterspell is an interrupt because it is played in response to something, where as Lightning Bolt is an Instant as it is not in response to something. I guess [DL] is as close to an instant as we shall see.
 -  
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote: Ok fair point, Allen and Mogor. I guess that is why we have interrupts in this game and no instants. In MTG a Counterspell is an interrupt because it is played in response to something, where as Lightning Bolt is an Instant as it is not in response to something. I guess [DL] is as close to an instant as we shall see.
Actually, Magic got rid of Interrupts many years ago - all interrupts in Magic are instants now. (Switched in Sixth Edition, April 1999).

The actual difference is that Magic doesn't put any restrictions on what can be played in response. So if we played by Magic rules you can do things like play a Temporal Rift in response to a battle being started.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
AllenGould wrote:
The actual difference is that Magic doesn't put any restrictions on what can be played in response. So if we played by Magic rules you can do things like play a Temporal Rift in response to a battle being started.
Wait?!? So, we can't do that? :shifty: :shifty:
 -  
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:
AllenGould wrote:
Wait?!? So, we can't do that? :shifty: :shifty:
Nope - Temporal Rift doesn't modify, prevent, cancel, or nullify a battle. Something like Smoke Bomb does work, because it modifies who is in the battle.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
My :shifty: :shifty: was supposed to an eye roll as in me being facetious.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote:My :shifty: :shifty: was supposed to an eye roll as in me being facetious.
You want this:

:roll:
Code: Select all

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Armus wrote:
Professor Scott wrote:My :shifty: :shifty: was supposed to an eye roll as in me being facetious.
You want this:

Code: Select all
Actually, what I want is that to be added to the left section with the other ones, lol.
 -  
Community Contributor
Sorry - that wouldn't be the ninetieth time that has come up, so I just defaulted to the regular answer. :D
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]