By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
"Impersonators

A personnel who has a bold italic "persona name" in its lore, and a diamond-shaped infiltration icon, is an impersonator, not a true version of that persona. An impersonator may not be exchanged for any version of that persona and may not be substituted for a matching commander, mission requirement, or dilemma condition, cure, or nullifier. See species."

Does an impersonator with a trait in their lore describing the person thy are impersonating have that trait?

Specifically, can Lovok Founder use "Colonel Lovok" in his lore to qualify as a Colonel for the sake of Taking Charge?

Same with Martok Founder, general
and Leyton Founder, Admiral

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:"Impersonators

A personnel who has a bold italic "persona name" in its lore, and a diamond-shaped infiltration icon, is an impersonator, not a true version of that persona. An impersonator may not be exchanged for any version of that persona and may not be substituted for a matching commander, mission requirement, or dilemma condition, cure, or nullifier. See species."

Does an impersonator with a trait in their lore describing the person thy are impersonating have that trait?

Specifically, can Lovok Founder use "Colonel Lovok" in his lore to qualify as a Colonel for the sake of Taking Charge?

Same with Martok Founder, general
and Leyton Founder, Admiral
I'm not the rules guy, but I would think yes.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Takket wrote:Does an impersonator with a trait in their lore describing the person thy are impersonating have that trait?

No.
A changeling who "appears as an Admiral" is not an Admiral - he's an imposter.
And, yes, that is very nearly the oldest non-overturned official ruling I keep bookmarked.

This makes sense, when you think about it. If Selok were an ambassador, she would also be a Vulcan. But Selok is not a Vulcan. Therefore, she is not an ambassador.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:
Takket wrote:Does an impersonator with a trait in their lore describing the person thy are impersonating have that trait?

No.
And, yes, that is very nearly the oldest non-overturned official ruling I keep bookmarked.

This makes sense, when you think about it. If Selok were an ambassador, she would also be a Vulcan. But Selok is not a Vulcan. Therefore, she is not an ambassador.
And encycloedic knowledge and references like this is why we're in good hands with our new Rules guy! :cheersL:
 -  
Community Contributor
In fairness, it's really a ruling that ought to be enshrined somewhere in a modern rules document, not hidden in archival format on a remote website that could vanish from Google any day. (And perhaps, twenty years later, it should even be reconsidered?)

Guess that's my job now. I'll put it on a to-do list.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:In fairness, it's really a ruling that ought to be enshrined somewhere in a modern rules document, not hidden in archival format on a remote website that could vanish from Google any day. (And perhaps, twenty years later, it should even be reconsidered?)

Guess that's my job now. I'll put it on a to-do list.
I think it's already in the document, as part of the "the card has to say that Bob is this trait, not just that it mentions the trait in passing" rules in "characteristics".

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:

No.

What is the oldest ruling that hasnt been overturned
 -  
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote:
That's an interesting question. I *think* this is the oldest rules doc that exists, and there's at least two that are still true today.
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote:
Mogor wrote:
That's an interesting question. I *think* this is the oldest rules doc that exists, and there's at least two that are still true today.
Technically, the AU rules supp is older, but, yeah, that's the one I was thinking of. Most of the non-overturned rulings in this doc, of course, have migrated forward into modern rules documents. You can find this document's action-timing rules in the Glossary today, for instance. (Cue Allen's appropriate shock that the 1E action timing structure has remained basically unchanged since 1996.)

It's a little arbitrary which of these is the "first," but I choose to believe that the oldest official ruling that isn't in a modern document (and hasn't been overturned) is this one:
REM FATIGUE HALLUCINATIONS --
The dilemma is poorly worded.
The errata in 2000 helped but didn't fix this. The ruling stands.
 -  
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote:There you go something to get errata/rules to fix

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Bump.................

So this rule has now been changed. So Colonel Lovok can use Taking Charge! The only problem is, I can't remember why I asked this question in the first place LOL Know i was working on a Dominion Hierarchy deck adn wanted to DL something with taking charge.... maybe subjugate planet? LOL
 -  
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote:Is a Riker Wil only human or because of also posing as bajoran a Bajoran or is he missing the infilatation icon for that?
He's "Bajoran" by affiliation, if nothing else.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
eberlems wrote:Is a Riker Wil only human or because of also posing as bajoran a Bajoran or is he missing the infilatation icon for that?
Glossary: "Disguises count; Vedek Dax may report for free to Chamber of Ministers, and Selok is both Romulan and Vulcan species."

That looks like a "yes" to me!

Stopped personnel can cure. That's the tiny det[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]