First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Mogor wrote: Definate glitch, cannot think of any TD that has ruled on it. I would have been inclined to rule against it pending a discussion on the boards
I think it would depend on when I was asked. If someone showed up at the event with that, I might let them get away with it once (with the understanding that I'd be looking for a ruling and it's very likely going to be a no). But then I like to reward people for breaking the game. :D

By Mogor
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Mogor wrote: Definate glitch, cannot think of any TD that has ruled on it. I would have been inclined to rule against it pending a discussion on the boards
I think it would depend on when I was asked. If someone showed up at the event with that, I might let them get away with it once (with the understanding that I'd be looking for a ruling and it's very likely going to be a no). But then I like to reward people for breaking the game. :D
Fair enough if its a lower level local, then I could see myself going that way, at a higher level event, I am inclined to say I would nixnay it, but I would be looking for a quick ruling hopefully prior to the event.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I don't understand why this topic hasn't died by now. It's clear that the intention of the rules has always been to draw the top 7 cards of your deck to form your opening hand. It was never the intention to allow these draws to be manipulated in ANY way. The current rule now clarifies that this is how the opening hand should be formed. Because there seems to be so much bickering and confusion about this, or how it might have been interpret-able, here's a thought. Change the rules to say, (either at the end of the seed phase, or the beginning of the first turn, it doesn't matter which):

Place the top 7 cards of your draw deck into your hand.

Now there is no more draw function to argue over.
Question for noob

I still think I'm misunderstanding TMW. By saying […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]