By tlmirkes (Tim Mirkes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Further clarification question:

Does the "all other cards" in Squire's penultimate sentence include all non-[S/P] dilemmas? I'm reading the phrasing to say that all duplicates of [S/P] dilemmas already encountered and all non-artifact, non-[S/P] dilemma cards seeded beneath missions are considered mis-seeds. Is that correct?

Say I have seeded Altonian Brain Teaser, Armus - Skin of Evil at Malcor III, and my opponent seeded Mirasta Yale and Betazoid Gift Box there. My opponent encounters my Altonian Brain Teaser elsewhere before attempting Malcor III, what gets discarded as a mis-seed?

Altonian Brain Teaser and Mirasta Yale
OR
Altonian Brain Teaser and Armus and Mirasta Yale

Can I request clarification as to whether the "all other" translates roughly to "aside from artifacts and [S/P] dilemmas"?

Edit to adjust: Mirasta's fine (I didn't seed her, so no effect from Squire on her).
Last edited by tlmirkes on Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By tlmirkes (Tim Mirkes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:
tlmirkes wrote:Further clarification question:
In your scenario, which of you are seeding The Squire's Rules?
Sorry, that's a relatively important part for me to forget. I'm seeding the Rules (as the player who seeds the pair of ABTs). I'm also assuming that the dilemmas appear in the order mentioned by random seed, just for clarification.
JeBuS wrote:Because it only affects cards seeded by the player who uses it.
That's also important; I would not be getting rid of Mirasta at all if I didn't seed her. So it's just the dilemma question I'm looking for clarification on. (Thanks for that reminder about the "you" in that sentence.)
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
tlmirkes wrote: Does the "all other cards" in Squire's penultimate sentence include all non-[S/P] dilemmas? I'm reading the phrasing to say that all duplicates of [S/P] dilemmas already encountered and all non-artifact, non-[S/P] dilemma cards seeded beneath missions are considered mis-seeds. Is that correct?
That's my read - you can have [S/P] dilemmas, you can have artifacts, and you can have anything that you can convince your judge is secretly a [S/P] dilemma.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
tlmirkes wrote:But Beware of Q doesn't say your [Q] dilemma cards seed "as" [S/P], it says they seed "like" [S/P]; nothing says the [Q] cards gain the dilemma type icon (as compared to the [TNG] provided by Continuing Mission or the [DS9] from Reshape the Quadrant). That means they can seed beneath either mission type, but they're not counted as [S/P]; they're still just [Q], but you're allowed to seed them in the same manner as you would seed a [S/P] card.

I would think this means that Beware and Squire don't play nice together.

Edit to clarify: this is only in reference to the first function of Beware, in case that wasn't apparent.
I agree with this. B of Q doesn't grant them the status of dual of which Squire is checking.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I would let the dilemmas be seeded normaly.

and after that the opponent (in lackey) randomly exchanges opponents dilemmas with other missions. so the shuffeling is done AFTER all dilemma seeds has been done.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
when it comes to lackey, resolve squire as any other random effect. put them in a crew, face down and shuffle, opponent pulls them on the table and seeds them starting at most right mission or sth.
Second Edition Rules Master
By Latok
 - Second Edition Rules Master
 -  
1E Australian Continental Champion 2019
2E Australian Continental Runner-Up 2019
Ensign Q wrote:when it comes to lackey, resolve squire as any other random effect. put them in a crew, face down and shuffle, opponent pulls them on the table and seeds them starting at most right mission or sth.
Close but when you shuffle just hide the pile from both players and then the owner can do the seeding himself, that way it doesn't require the opponents participation which would slow down the phase.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Latok wrote:
Ensign Q wrote:when it comes to lackey, resolve squire as any other random effect. put them in a crew, face down and shuffle, opponent pulls them on the table and seeds them starting at most right mission or sth.
Close but when you shuffle just hide the pile from both players and then the owner can do the seeding himself, that way it doesn't require the opponents participation which would slow down the phase.
You still have to declare how many you're seeding at each mission, because as they're pulled to the table, you can see them. So if you don't declare first, you could adjust your seed strategy based on what you see out.

By commdecker (Matthew Zinno)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Arbiter
Community Contributor
(yeah, necro)

Is this what people have been doing? How well do you find it works? Because I had another idea.

Say I have 18 dilemmas that I want to seed via the Squire's Rules. I put those 18 dilemmas into an unused pile, say the Dyson Sphere. In some other pile, maybe the regular seed pile or maybe elsewhere, I have 18 copies of something that won't confuse us -- maybe Space, maybe a [Trob] Trouble, maybe a Rotation Damage Marker that isn't technically a card. Then at dilemma seeding time, I put my 18 copies of Space under the missions. When one of them gets encountered, I replace it with a randomly chosen card from my Dyson pile where the real dilemmas have been stored. That way, both players don't know what gets encountered where until it's encountered.

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:28 pm
tlmirkes wrote:But Beware of Q doesn't say your [Q] dilemma cards seed "as" [S/P], it says they seed "like" [S/P]; nothing says the [Q] cards gain the dilemma type icon (as compared to the [TNG] provided by Continuing Mission or the [DS9] from Reshape the Quadrant). That means they can seed beneath either mission type, but they're not counted as [S/P]; they're still just [Q], but you're allowed to seed them in the same manner as you would seed a [S/P] card.

I would think this means that Beware and Squire don't play nice together.

Edit to clarify: this is only in reference to the first function of Beware, in case that wasn't apparent.
I agree with this. B of Q doesn't grant them the status of dual of which Squire is checking.
You guys were correct, prior to August 2020 Beware of Q's use of like [S/P] did not confer the [S/P] typing onto the dilemmas it allowed you to seed. However, in the August update that changed. Here is the article, which actually details this specific interaction and the relevant portion of the current glossary entry:
card types glossary entry wrote:By contrast, when a card functions "like" or "as" another card type generally (such as when the card says it "plays as," "seeds like," or is "used as" a different card type), it counts as both card types for all purposes. For example, an Artifact that "plays as an event" can be nullified by Kevin Uxbridge. An Artifact that is "used as equipment" may be targeted by Vorgon Raiders (as an artifact), stolen by a Procurement Drone (as an equipment), discarded to satisfy Rebel Encounter, or (if re-earned with Reclamation) reported in any way that an Equipment card may be reported. Artifacts must still be earned legally before use.

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]