By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:
Boffo97 wrote:But what if I wonder how my personnel eat and breathe, and other science facts?
It's Only a Game, you should really just relax.
That's the only card banned in our Traditional Open play group. This is NOT a game! And if I have to prove it, I'll raise the stakes! :wink:

By Daimyoshi (Richard Steele)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:Oh, so many jokes there. I can’t pick.
Oh please. Do you even qualify as a nerd if you weren't diagramming control panels as a kid? :thumbsup:
What is that?

Also Gatekeeping even in jest is bad.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote:Orbin found examples of more soong type droids in q, so i suspect this was the standard term for droids then.(ignoring premiere)
But lores fingernail includes exocomps, interestingly. So maybe thats how they ended droids.
But, if Data is an android,
Picard is human,
Tomalak is romulan
and Prot is ferengi,
shouldnt Deanna be ruled betazoid by glossification?
(interestingly enough, she has no species on her card entry)

maybe just clear up [Bar] and make it [Holo], reducing complexity by an icon.
Or rule all species hologram at least
I pretty sure she is, she both Human/Betazoid, she used as an example

Species
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Daimyoshi wrote:
AllenGould wrote:
jadziadax8 wrote:Oh, so many jokes there. I can’t pick.
Oh please. Do you even qualify as a nerd if you weren't diagramming control panels as a kid? :thumbsup:
What is that?

Also Gatekeeping even in jest is bad.
:shifty: O... K then.

(And no, you don't get an explanation, because you decided to be a No-Fun.)

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
:shifty: O... K then.

(And no, you don't get an explanation, because you decided to be a No-Fun.)
:P

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Daimyoshi wrote:
Ensign Q wrote:Orbin found examples of more soong type droids in q, so i suspect this was the standard term for droids then.(ignoring premiere)
But lores fingernail includes exocomps, interestingly. So maybe thats how they ended droids.
But, if Data is an android,
Picard is human,
Tomalak is romulan
and Prot is ferengi,
shouldnt Deanna be ruled betazoid by glossification?
(interestingly enough, she has no species on her card entry)

maybe just clear up [Bar] and make it [Holo], reducing complexity by an icon.
Or rule all species hologram at least
I pretty sure she is, she both Human/Betazoid, she used as an example

Species
By the rules, Commander Troi is just Human. Nothing about her card suggests she's Betazoid. The entry you'er referring to talks about The Trois to clarify the species of the Lwaxana and Deanna components of the dual-personnel.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
With all the new androids running around I figured I'd ask this here instead of creating a new post.

Dr. Soong states:

• Once each turn, may reprogram any androids present.

What exactly does that mean?

I think at the time he was released, there were only Data, Exocomp (which at the time I don't this was considered and android yet), Juliana Tainer, Lal, Data's Body, Soong-type Android, Data, and Lore.

The only ones I see as programmable are Lal, and Soong-type Android, so I am presume he simply lets you re-select those skills for Lal and gender and classification for STAs. I cannot find anything in the glossary about this.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
It's in the Glossary under Dr. Soong, but the gist is : "reprogram" lets you reselect any choices that you made when you reported it, as if you were reporting it now.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
AllenGould wrote:It's in the Glossary under Dr. Soong, but the gist is : "reprogram" lets you reselect any choices that you made when you reported it, as if you were reporting it now.
OK here it is for those curious:

Dr. Soong

This personnel may "reprogram" only those androids which have variable features chosen when it reported for duty. He may replace the classification and/or gender of the Soong-type Android, and may replace one or both of Lal's two selected skills with regular skills present with her at the time of reprogramming. He may reprogram androids belonging to either player, but only once during each of his owner's turns. See skills - modifying.

Dr. Soong's "nemesis" is Lore. See nemesis icon.

Perhaps we can get BCSWowbagger to add a link on the Dr. Soong card page to this glossary entry.
Last edited by Professor Scott on Fri Apr 10, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Hm. It SHOULD already be linking. This whole system's supposed to be automatic. I'll take a look at some point here.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Add one to the count of someone excited to see the remaining species exceptions and clarifications whittled away from the Glossary. Fun eyeballing where the relevant species could be squeezed in for some. But The Trois... that's something else.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I would say replace the [1E-AU] with [Holo] on the fakes and leave [Bar] on them to be referenced by barash. Then make the decius both have and require [Bar] instead of it's two [1E-AU] s. Or leave decoys alone.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0