By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
they all read:After scouting complete, if your staffed [TNG] Borg cube there, Objective complete

which seems to me they finish the same turn you went through all dilemma.

then why is it on relentless?

EDIT: ok, i think i get it. relentless finished the objective right after the last dilemma, not end of turn as usual.

Is it really useful though?

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Relentless also lets you use Adapt: Negate Obstruction on the same turn instead of having to wait to use it on next turn

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
yeah i know, but it comes with the cost of 3 drones min attempts, which kinda defeats the whole purpose.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Ensign Q wrote:yeah i know, but it comes with the cost of 3 drones min attempts, which kinda defeats the whole purpose.
I guess it's the scouting version of the minimum 4 personnel in mission attempt from Q's Tent: Civil War.

3 isn't 2 bad considering you can free play 2 each turn and a third can be your card play or if you have a We Are the Borg on table the third can is free.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I assume its faster to redshirt with one drone, then send a team to overcome the dilemma, so you dont need to adapt at all.
Sending 3 every time just eats too much ressources
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote:I assume its faster to redshirt with one drone, then send a team to overcome the dilemma, so you dont need to adapt at all.
Not necessarily - with skill-sharing it can be more time-efficient to send three so you have 3 of all the skills. If you send a single, then 3, you've spent 4 drones to get through that dilemma.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Ensign Q wrote:I assume its faster to redshirt with one drone, then send a team to overcome the dilemma, so you dont need to adapt at all.
Not necessarily - with skill-sharing it can be more time-efficient to send three so you have 3 of all the skills. If you send a single, then 3, you've spent 4 drones to get through that dilemma.
yeah, but the problem is 3 drones barely pass more dilemma than one drone,especially with the limited tng skillpool, so you spend 6. not unlikely you will get the same result with 1+5 attempts.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
so when does consume actually check for completing? all the time?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 2:14 pm so when does consume actually check for completing? all the time?
Once the last dilemma is cleared, scouting is considered complete either immediately (if Relentless is in play) or at the end of the turn (if not). Once that trigger occurs, then as soon as there's a staffed ship there, then the objective completion trigger happens, points are scored, objective goes on mission, etc.
2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !