- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Can you deactivate your own holograms voluntarily? Are deactivated holograms still treated like equipment?
And if so can they be beamed without limit since they are treated like equipment or are you still limited?

By Spectre9
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
There is no rule allowing you to deactivate your own holograms.

I'm sure you probably looked this up as I just did and are hoping for a loophole.

I don't think there is a loophole unless you have a way to kill your own holograms to deactivate them.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote:Can you deactivate your own holograms voluntarily? Are deactivated holograms still treated like equipment?
And if so can they be beamed without limit since they are treated like equipment or are you still limited?
I don't know if you can deactivate your own hologram, but you can still "move then like equipment", though if this works it seems like a loophole since i don't think the game/rules ever intended for people to slip through AI this way.

Glossary:

disabled

A disabled personnel is conceptually unconscious. Personnel may be disabled by a card (e.g., Hypospray, Ktarian Game) or by a rule (e.g., captives are disabled unless Brainwashed). They remain disabled until the card or effect is cured or nullified. Also, holographic personnel who are deactivated are treated as if disabled.

Disabled personnel may not be used in any way (including game text, attributes, icons, lore, skills, traits such as gender, species, or matching commander status, etc.), may not enable game text requiring that personnel to be in play, and may not perform any actions. They may be beamed or moved in the same way as Equipment cards (but are not treated as equipment in any other way).

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote:No. I was playing Ionization, not holograms :) :) .
Old school!? :lol:

I recently converged my opponent's ionization in a game with my common/uncommon travel decks... 8)

I'd say, if it were possible (and without consulting anything, I'd reckon it is), then this bypass of AI would be one of the many perks of using [Holo] .
Moving like [Equ] means it doesn't move like personnel, so I believe that would work fine.
I always thought that deactivation can be done as an action... :? Have to look it up...

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Spectre9 wrote:There is no rule allowing you to deactivate your own holograms.

I'm sure you probably looked this up as I just did and are hoping for a loophole.
Ah, OK.
Might the ancient Decipher rules have been different? We often play by those. Still have to look it up in my papyrus scrolls, then! :P

*dramatic noise* *suspends play* 0KF19 Kaiserfe[…]

Is Sedis a captain?

Not exactly, because that is the ONLY keywor[…]

MN 2024 Gatherings

I'll not make the 27th, unfortunately. I've pencil[…]

I get the MW 80-70....good game.