By sevencrdspud (Jason Beyer)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
geraldkw wrote:Can Holoprogram: Cafe Des Artistes seed or play on Holosuite?

The main concern I have depends on whether Holosuite having a holodeck means that DS9 as a facility has a holodeck?
You can always Ops download it there and save the seed.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
So, thread Necro to ask the obvious: if DS9 doesn't have a Holodeck when Holosuite is aboard, then how can you ever use the decipher card Establish Tractor Lock? No Nor has a tractor beam unless a docking site provides it.

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Lets say the cafe can play on the nor itself. Would it even work?
Your crews and Away Teams are present with other cards (such as Duck Blind or opposing Away Teams) that are on the same ship, inside the same facility (at the same site, if any), or on the same planet surface.
If the cafe is on the nor itself, and the couple is at a site, are they present with each other?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
patrick wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:58 am Lets say the cafe can play on the nor itself. Would it even work?
Your crews and Away Teams are present with other cards (such as Duck Blind or opposing Away Teams) that are on the same ship, inside the same facility (at the same site, if any), or on the same planet surface.
If the cafe is on the nor itself, and the couple is at a site, are they present with each other?
I don't have the answer to that, but Cafe is the odd duck on this one. All other Holoprograms that care about presence use the words "Aboard" or "Here" instead of "present."

Edit: removed random empty img tag

By patrick (Patrick Weijers)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 9:34 am I don't have the answer to that, but Cafe is the odd duck on this one. All other Holoprograms that care about presence use the words "Aboard" or "Here" instead of "present."
And for Training Ring it also doesn't matter. That one specifically targets personnel in the brig, not anywhere else on the facility.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:05 am So, thread Necro to ask the obvious: if DS9 doesn't have a Holodeck when Holosuite is aboard, then how can you ever use the decipher card Establish Tractor Lock? No Nor has a tractor beam unless a docking site provides it.
DS9 does have a holodeck, so the question is moot. The rulebook and glossary both make it clear that sites are "areas within facilities". Nothing on a site can be any place other than on the Nor.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 10:40 pm
winterflames wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 8:05 am So, thread Necro to ask the obvious: if DS9 doesn't have a Holodeck when Holosuite is aboard, then how can you ever use the decipher card Establish Tractor Lock? No Nor has a tractor beam unless a docking site provides it.
DS9 does have a holodeck, so the question is moot. The rulebook and glossary both make it clear that sites are "areas within facilities". Nothing on a site can be any place other than on the Nor.
That was the purpose of the question, yes. The discussion seemed to be headed towards fuzzy logic and One Card Dismissal. I wished to point out that there are other possible implications of such a rediculous notion.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]