By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
greenfelt wrote:
JeBuS wrote:
greenfelt wrote:Okay, I've got a followup. I've been studying several Borg decks on the site, and I notice many of them have Strategic Base in them. I cannot figure out what this card is for, especially since the decks don't have any facilities. It seems like a wasted card. Am I missing something?
If you build an outpost at the location, it gets you 3 card draws.
That part I've got. But the decks themselves don't have any facilities/outpost cards with which to build.
[1E-TNG] [Bor] use Consume: Outpost in the Neutral Zone to get the outpost into play for Strategic Base, as well. The main problem you are noticing is actually a deck builder issue. If I add, say a Romulan Outpost to my Outside of Game section on my deck list, the deck builder will erroneously flag the deck as [Rom] and prevent me from getting [Bor] related achievements. As a result, many players simply leave the outposts off the deck list.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
greenfelt wrote:OOOOOOHHHHH!

That makes sense now. Thanks for the clarification!
By the way, welcome to the community and more specifically, The Collective. I'd love to talk shop with you about [Bor]. I have been playing it mostly lately, and I am trying to fine tune my [1E-TNG] version. I have posted a couple of decks from my recent tournaments. they have had mixed results, lol.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote:[1E-TNG] [Bor] use Consume: Outpost in the Neutral Zone to get the outpost into play for Strategic Base, as well. The main problem you are noticing is actually a deck builder issue. If I add, say a Romulan Outpost to my Outside of Game section on my deck list, the deck builder will erroneously flag the deck as [Rom] and prevent me from getting [Bor] related achievements. As a result, many players simply leave the outposts off the deck list.
Does this actually work? You aren't "building" the outpost. You don't even control it. How can you take credit for the 3 card draws?

By greenfelt
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Professor Scott wrote:By the way, welcome to the community and more specifically, The Collective. I'd love to talk shop with you about [Bor]. I have been playing it mostly lately, and I am trying to fine tune my [1E-TNG] version. I have posted a couple of decks from my recent tournaments. they have had mixed results, lol.
Thanks for the welcome!

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:Does this actually work? You aren't "building" the outpost. You don't even control it. How can you take credit for the 3 card draws?
It does. Consume: Outpost requires you to download an outpost. Part of downloading a card is playing the card and when you play a facility, you are building that facility.
Professor Scott wrote:[1E-TNG] [Bor] use Consume: Outpost in the Neutral Zone to get the outpost into play for Strategic Base, as well. The main problem you are noticing is actually a deck builder issue. If I add, say a Romulan Outpost to my Outside of Game section on my deck list, the deck builder will erroneously flag the deck as [Rom] and prevent me from getting [Bor] related achievements. As a result, many players simply leave the outposts off the deck list.
The achievement system isn't erroneously flagging the deck as having [Rom], that is part of its intentional design. I leave all cards which come from outside the game off my deck lists, simply because they aren't a part of the deck. If they were, they wouldn't be coming from outside the game.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
9of24 wrote:
The achievement system isn't erroneously flagging the deck as having [Rom], that is part of its intentional design. I leave all cards which come from outside the game off my deck lists, simply because they aren't a part of the deck. If they were, they wouldn't be coming from outside the game.
OK, that's fair. Its not an error, but the point I was making is the [Bor] Deck would appear as [Rom], which is unintentional. The main reason folks even list the OOG cards is either to remind themselves or to allow the public to view the plan. Of course, not listing them in the deck list and actually filling out the Strategy section would be just as effective, but most players don't take the time to fill this out OR don't wish to reveal the strategy in the first place.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:
Professor Scott wrote:
Armus wrote:
But if you don't want to mess around with the Delta Quadrant, you should check out They Will be Coming which makes Borg facilities completely optional.
This is only optional if you intend to only seed AQ missions, otherwise it is nulified.

OK, technically you still get the ship and so the outpost is still optional even if it is nullified, but you will loose the ❖ free report if it's nullified.

Also check out Q Who. It's a [1E-TNG] [BO] boutique expansion.
This is wrong. Nullified = you get NOTHING! You LOSE! Good DAY sir!

:P
:thumbsup:

Contrast with cards like Continuing Mission, which only discards when you Go Naughty, so you get all the stuff.

Interested but as you know life is a bit nuts with[…]

I think the scenario was more around things li[…]

Thanks all. I have my handle as my name, I didn&rs[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a […]